• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

n2pua

Reaction score
To all the JORT owners ......

What is your overall impression ?

Pleased ? Worth the cost ?

I'm in europe on business and finally managed to get close enough to a store that carries the model. Strangely enough, because of my build, my regular size is too tight in the shoulder and chest, but moving up size and dropping to a short didn't diminish the balance and it fits like a dream.

Regards

steffenbp11

Reaction score

To all the JORT owners ......

What is your overall impression ?

Pleased ? Worth the cost ?

I'm in europe on business and finally managed to get close enough to a store that carries the model. Strangely enough, because of my build, my regular size is too tight in the shoulder and chest, but moving up size and dropping to a short didn't diminish the balance and it fits like a dream.

Regards

I own a Jort, and it is hands down my favourit suit. Depending on my Christmas bonus I am contemplating buying a second one in january. - probably the light grey birds eye. I am actually wearing it today - check out the WIWT thread if you like :)

MacGuffen

Reaction score
I trust my own judgement on this, but I'm curious what you guys make of the Havana Burgundy Three-Piece? I think it looks great, more brown than red, and I figure It'll make a great sports coat if it doesn't work as a suit.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I trust my own judgement on this, but I'm curious what you guys make of the Havana Burgundy Three-Piece? I think it looks great, more brown than red, and I figure It'll make a great sports coat if it doesn't work as a suit.

I love it, looks pretty awesome and definitely would look great as an odd jacket.

I'd prefer it if it were a Hudson fit rather than Havana, not a fan of the lapel width on the Havana.

Could possibly pair the waistcoat with other suits and outfits pretty well too, if the accessories complement it.

Last edited:

MacGuffen

Reaction score
I love it, looks pretty awesome and definitely would look great as an odd jacket.

I'd prefer it if it were a Hudson fit rather than Havana, not a fan of the lapel width on the Havana.

Could possibly pair the waistcoat with other suits and outfits pretty well too, if the accessories complement it.

Happy to hear that. I ordered one yesterday, as well as the brown wool bomber jacket. Might post some pictures if the image quality is decent.

Reaction score
Dropped into the Philly store to check out the F/W collection and was surprised to see some Jort product. Not knowing when I would again have accessibility to anything in this line, I purchased a Jort Harris Tweed jacket. I went back and forth between the 36R and 38R ultimately selecting the 36R as it fit better in the shoulders, although I preferred the longer body length and lower buttoning point on the latter. For reference, I own several Havana jackets, all in 38R. After taking some pictures, I still wish the jacket was longer, but as a more casual piece I should get quite a bit of use out of it.

jimanchower

Reaction score

Dropped into the Philly store to check out the F/W collection and was surprised to see some Jort product. Not knowing when I would again have accessibility to anything in this line, I purchased a Jort Harris Tweed jacket. I went back and forth between the 36R and 38R ultimately selecting the 36R as it fit better in the shoulders, although I preferred the longer body length and lower buttoning point on the latter. For reference, I own several Havana jackets, all in 38R. After taking some pictures, I still wish the jacket was longer, but as a more casual piece I should get quite a bit of use out of it.
Looks great!

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score

Is it from F/W 2013?

Reaction score
Looks great!
Thanks.

Is it from F/W 2013?

I would also like to know this. Cannot remember having seen this piece before. Last season there was a blue tweed Sc but nothing like this. Looks great btw

Thanks. Yes, according to the sales associate it was "last season." I don't recall seeing it in last year's line up either and a quick Google search didn't turn up anything. Interestingly, the store seemed to have at least one full run of sizes in this jacket.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good to me!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8