• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Havana Plain Blue in 42L (102). I already have a Havana in 102 (posted on page 474) but the fit between the two feels different, there really is variation between pieces with SS.

I like the fabric, color and the look in general, except for the sleeves which I believe are two short. Before I decide to go for extending the sleeves, I wanted to get your opinion on the general fit. Also, if I were to extend the sleeves, by how much according to you? Is it a complex/costly procedure?

Thanks a lot, as usual

Fit looks good to me and the back pretty much covers your arse. I have long arms too and SS can usually extend about an inch max. I think that might be enough to where the sleeves aren't still too short yet allow your shirt cuffs to peak through.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Havana Plain Blue in 42L (102). I already have a Havana in 102 (posted on page 474) but the fit between the two feels different, there really is variation between pieces with SS. I like the fabric, color and the look in general, except for the sleeves which I believe are two short. Before I decide to go for extending the sleeves, I wanted to get your opinion on the general fit. Also, if I were to extend the sleeves, by how much according to you? Is it a complex/costly procedure? Thanks a lot, as usual
Does it feel tight to you? Looks a little tight in the shoulders and body. If you want a trim look, you found it.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Would this Lazio jacket work as an odd jacket/sports coat? It doesn't have patch pockets, but since it's flannel and heavier, I was thinking flap pockets would be fine.

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
Havana Plain Blue in 42L (102). I already have a Havana in 102 (posted on page 474) but the fit between the two feels different, there really is variation between pieces with SS.

I like the fabric, color and the look in general, except for the sleeves which I believe are two short. Before I decide to go for extending the sleeves, I wanted to get your opinion on the general fit. Also, if I were to extend the sleeves, by how much according to you? Is it a complex/costly procedure?

Thanks a lot, as usual
You need to shorten your shirt sleeves.

Last edited:

JBG89

Reaction score
If anyone has some 36 suits that theyd like to sell pls let me know!

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Tuck in the the flap pockets and I think it'll work.

The light brown buttons do help too.

Thanks, TopCat. But wouldn't tucking the flaps make the pockets look like besom pockets? I haven't actually tried this on my York, so I don't know what it would look like.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Thanks, TopCat. But wouldn't tucking the flaps make the pockets look like besom pockets? I haven't actually tried this on my York, so I don't know what it would look like.

It does. I've never tried it either, but on this video it looks like it works pretty well:

0.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffee_and_vodka