• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the custom made models are all now based of the Lazio “La Spalla” fit
Wow so you can’t choose anymore from the fits? I don’t get why they change it every year and make it more complicated for people looking for information.

Jlee80

Reaction score
Wow so you can’t choose anymore from the fits? I don’t get why they change it every year and make it more complicated for people looking for information.
Just like they keep changing the prices...

such a weird dynamic.. they do some things very, very well...but also convolute things to confuse and frustrate their base

Marccarlsson

Reaction score

I think that has to do with the history of having complexity regaring models and variants of models. Now, if you want to do a custom jacket, you do one model, and change all the stylistic options and measurements to suit your exact needs.

Sure, this might seem "wrong" if you wanted to go with a specific model, but it's a lot easier for new customers, and you can basically make all models from scratch now.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that has to do with the history of having complexity regaring models and variants of models. Now, if you want to do a custom jacket, you do one model, and change all the stylistic options and measurements to suit your exact needs.

Sure, this might seem "wrong" if you wanted to go with a specific model, but it's a lot easier for new customers, and you can basically make all models from scratch now.
Yes but I think this is a problem at the same time: imagine you are a new customer with no access to a physics store. You search online and you find 5 different guides for all the changes in the last 3-4 years from people. It becomes too difficult and I might lose interest.

then yoI have the more loyal following that is used to one thing and then a day later boom there’s no Havana choice on custom made what do you do?

etc. I’d like to see them just decide on a proper business model or micro adjustments instead of constant overhauls.

hope it makes senseI’m on mobile

iurvox

Reaction score
I'm happy it is too difficult. Because that means options. With online MTM systems, no one beats the plethora of options SuitSupply has to offer. If I am wrong and you know a source with more customization options, please correct me.

Jlee80

Reaction score
I'm happy it is too difficult. Because that means options. With online MTM systems, no one beats the plethora of options SuitSupply has to offer. If I am wrong and you know a source with more customization options, please correct me.
The options they have are nice, no doubt about that...I think it's some of the best in the business. The problem is....for the custom made jackets and shirt....you can input your specific measurements....but that feature isnt available on suits yet...so why have it available for some products and not all??

I actually prefer the model being used for custom made suits right now (La Spalla) above all their other fits. The problem I think for most is that if you prefer the Napoli or Sienna (or whatever model), and had the option to custom make that one day and then the next, its gone...it frustrates the customer.

Overall, I think it's a good program...but they can't seem to leave alone changing it constantly without giving clarity regarding what has changed exactly. For me, its not an issue but I can see why it is for many others.

zurich64

Reaction score
I believe the custom made models are all now based of the Lazio “La Spalla” fit
La Spalla was probably the nicest model in suitesupply (changed /merged with Lazio?). I only have Jort and La Spalla models and am happy with those.

Jlee80

Reaction score
La Spalla was probably the nicest model in suitesupply (changed /merged with Lazio?). I only have Jort and La Spalla models and am happy with those.
Agree. Definitely think the La Spalla has the best overall fit, which makes it a good choice to base their custom made off on.

I'm wearing one of my new custom suits today....have to say I'm impressed with this far more than their RTW models and their previous custom made models based off many different fits. Just my opinion of course.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on the Lazio La Spalla model and the fit just didn't work as well for me as the Sienna. Not sure why, maybe my shoulders are too big or something. So it is frustrating to me that I would have to use the Lazio to get a custom fabric or fit, and, frankly, I probably won't do it.

N-tc

Reaction score
I sent a message to their EU customer service with regard to the recent changes in pricing policy for their custom-made program (suits & shirts). Apparently, "Suitsupply custom-made programs and production have been improved and updated with more feature and more exclusive fabrics available."

I think this is just a bullshit answer that SuSu management has come up with in case clients notice that prices have skyrocketed. This is truly unfortunate for customers who have been eagerly waiting to get post-Covid suits.

Fexxi

Reaction score
I sent a message to their EU customer service with regard to the recent changes in pricing policy for their custom-made program (suits & shirts). Apparently, "Suitsupply custom-made programs and production have been improved and updated with more feature and more exclusive fabrics available."

I think this is just a bullshit answer that SuSu management has come up with in case clients notice that prices have skyrocketed. This is truly unfortunate for customers who have been eagerly waiting to get post-Covid suits.

Can't agree more. Was configuring a jacket and two hours later the fabric price had increased by €100. Sent CS an email and they said I must have confused the fabrics, no price changes had apparently been made. I started keeping track of fabric prices then and when a few other fabric prices increased as well, I confronted them with screenshots and received exactly the same reply that you received as well. Such a shame.

Jlee80

Reaction score
Can't agree more. Was configuring a jacket and two hours later the fabric price had increased by €100. Sent CS an email and they said I must have confused the fabrics, no price changes had apparently been made. I started keeping track of fabric prices then and when a few other fabric prices increased as well, I confronted them with screenshots and received exactly the same reply that you received as well. Such a shame.
Yeah that’s pretty unacceptable. I am happy with the suits I got, I actually really like them (see pic from today’s fit) but the recent price increase and also going from a 2-3 week lead time to 4-5 week timeline… not sure if it’s worth the price and time wait increase.

Attachments

• 27BAF760-08E8-4A9D-9A5A-A42BD4BED57E.jpeg
    27BAF760-08E8-4A9D-9A5A-A42BD4BED57E.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 266

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Yeah that’s pretty unacceptable. I am happy with the suits I got, I actually really like them (see pic from today’s fit) but the recent price increase and also going from a 2-3 week lead time to 4-5 week timeline… not sure if it’s worth the price and time wait increase.

The increased wait time is temporary though, because of summer weddings, graduations etc. 2-3 weeks is standard most times of the year.

iurvox

Reaction score
I am in the market for a sophisticated summer suit aking to this one:

No politics, please.

Thinking of getting a delicate cotton fabric.

Q: Would you consider going with light full canvas (2 layers) and butterfly lining sensible?

Not a fan of an unconstructured look, and I think full lining would be a tad too warm. Love the drape and shaping of 4 layer standard full canvas but am tempted to try the 2 layer combination with butterfly lining on a summer suit.

As for the shoulder padding, I will probably stick to the light padding option.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you, my dear SF community!

jko

Reaction score
I think this is just a bullshit answer

Agreed. The fabric selection has actually gotten worse, there’s only two (2!) white fabrics for shirts.

At this price point it’s not competitive anymore, sadly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads