• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

zewill

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I'm selling three suits I picked up from the outlet. All are 38R Havana fit - 2 double breasted and 1 notch lapel

Chalk stripe double breasted
Pin stripe notch lapel
Grey traveller double breasted

Wow that last one has massive lapels. Maybe as a tribute to Hugo jacomet from Parisian gentleman ? :D

Will23

Reaction score
I’m looking for 35,36 trousers and 44L sportcoats or suits. If someone has something, I'd like to see

porscheguy

Reaction score
@Marc S These jeans are very slim/tight fitting on the thigh and ankle to the point they qualify as skinny fit. The 32 has only a 6.9” leg opening. If you can’t fit the porto fit, then I wouldn’t bother with the jeans. A few years ago, SuSu offered a more relaxed fit denim option (I believe it was Carson fit), but I’ve only seen those on the Outlet recently.
Anyone seen the new stretch/selvedge denim options from SuSu? Very interesting, have they offer these before and if so, any opinions on quality and fit? Thanks!

I’ve got three pairs. Of their current offerings only the light blue and the white are stretch denim. The darker colors are not. I’ve got the dark blue, medium (discontinued), and the light blue. I’ve got an athletic build. I’m 6’ tall, weigh 210, and have a 33/34 waist. They are slim fit like most of SuSu’s casual clothes but not uncomfortably so. They don’t look painted on and you can’t see the outline of my balls. I’m also 44 years old so I prefer more traditional colors on jeans and these fit the Bill nicely while having a more contemporary fit.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they have always been good at being provocative. This one is a bit too funny for me 🤣

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was about to post about that. The worst ad I've seen in a while.
They know that negative publicity is good. I find it tasteless. Regardless what each person's view is on Covid etc people are dying left and right and they tell you orgies are the new normal :D

Anyways, I was ready to commission 3 MTM trousers with them but I changed my mind now. I will try Blugiallo or Pini Parma or even a Bespoke one here in Stockholm.

nevaeh

Reaction score
They know that negative publicity is good. I find it tasteless. Regardless what each person's view is on Covid etc people are dying left and right and they tell you orgies are the new normal :D

Anyways, I was ready to commission 3 MTM trousers with them but I changed my mind now. I will try Blugiallo or Pini Parma or even a Bespoke one here in Stockholm.
It's definitely tactless, even for them. People are dying and suffering everywhere, and here SuitSupply has people sticking their tongues in each other's mouths. They've gotten away with provocative ads in the past, but I expect there may be furious backlash with this one. 🤦‍♂️

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's definitely tactless, even for them. People are dying and suffering everywhere, and here SuitSupply has people sticking their tongues in each other's mouths. They've gotten away with provocative ads in the past, but I expect there may be furious backlash with this one. 🤦‍♂️
Either that or "genius" from their side. Anyways!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think they're saying that this is the future? Not now?

This seems like one of the better sexual ad campaigns, both from them and when compared to the fashion industry's previous uses of sexual imagery. In the past, companies such as Tom Ford, Susu, and CK have used sex imagery in a way that ... doesn't look great. Images can be criticized as being too much of the male gaze, nonconsensual sex (sometimes bordering on rape), and even pedophilia (especially with '90s era Calvin Klein).

But this one seems consensual and even diverse. I feel like a lot was put into the very specific details -- the woman putting her tongue forward more than the man, and the gay men in the bottom corner (maybe also a lesbian couple in the upper corner).

I was actually curious to see how many people would be offended by the LGBTQ+ imagery, but I haven't seen anything about it so far.

Rachel Tashjian at GQ wrote a tweet a few weeks back about how it's hard to use sexual imagery in this metoo moment, and the fashion industry often uses sex to sell clothes. So, she said, fashion photographers are moving away from sex and more towards "weird" (e.g. Balenciaga). This Susu campaign seems like one of the healthier ways to show sex in a campaign.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 37 15.1%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 40 16.3%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Carmina

Votes: 38 15.5%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 78 31.8%