• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Imperatores

Reaction score
But they need to pump the brakes on the increasing casual construction of the clothes and start working on clothes that actually are sexier. I would love a floral print blazer in a tradition masculine Suit Supply cut. You know how hard that is to find? Or paisley. Or ochre. Or hemp. Or Jute. Give me something to talk about and experiment with.
This gave me a good chuckle. You actually think a floral print or paisley jacket is "sexy"? Those are hard to find for a reason, mate.

porscheguy

Reaction score
They know that negative publicity is good. I find it tasteless. Regardless what each person's view is on Covid etc people are dying left and right and they tell you orgies are the new normal :D

Anyways, I was ready to commission 3 MTM trousers with them but I changed my mind now. I will try Blugiallo or Pini Parma or even a Bespoke one here in Stockholm.
I buy from SuSu because their off the rack fit on my athletic body shape is spot on. Unless someone finds an off the rack fit for me as good as SuSu and without the hassles and time involved with MTM, I’ll stick to them. Their questionable ads aren’t even a consideration.

As for covid, it’s not really relevant when it comes to buying suits. Sorry (not really), it isn’t. What do you expect, their models wearing masks and socially distanced? Not everything needs to be a reflection of the zeitgeist of the day. It’s also quite possible that SuSu, like so many others is simply over covid and ready to get back to life. And they have good reason. Covid has dealt a massive blow to the menswear industry and its not likely to recover simply because many companies have transitioned to work at home and will likely stay that way as it’s much cheaper.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy from SuSu because their off the rack fit on my athletic body shape is spot on. Unless someone finds an off the rack fit for me as good as SuSu and without the hassles and time involved with MTM, I’ll stick to them. Their questionable ads aren’t even a consideration.

As for covid, it’s not really relevant when it comes to buying suits. Sorry (not really), it isn’t. What do you expect, their models wearing masks and socially distanced? Not everything needs to be a reflection of the zeitgeist of the day. It’s also quite possible that SuSu, like so many others is simply over covid and ready to get back to life. And they have good reason. Covid has dealt a massive blow to the menswear industry and its not likely to recover simply because many companies have transitioned to work at home and will likely stay that way as it’s much cheaper.
Maybe I should elaborate more, I just lost my appetite at this moment in time. 90% of my suits are from SuSu and I even worked there. While their OTR fits me fine, it's the trouser rise I hate and would have to go custom. I still have friends working there and I will continue to support them.

But for whatever reason the visual style of this campaign made me take a break and see if I need those trousers now, or if I should just try elsewhere for variety.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s also quite possible that SuSu, like so many others is simply over covid and ready to get back to life.
YES! I have been saying this all along. The Covid trend is OVER! I am ready for a new virus.

If you are wearing COVID-19 in 2021, you look DUMB.

pomor

Reaction score
Are all SuSu stores open in the Netherlands? I know the bars and many restaurants are still closed. What’s the retail situation like?

alfredt

Reaction score
Are all SuSu stores open in the Netherlands? I know the bars and many restaurants are still closed. What’s the retail situation like?
All SuSu stores have been closed for a couple of months. As of this week shops have reopened for appointments only with a maximum of two customers per floor.

pomor

Reaction score
All SuSu stores have been closed for a couple of months. As of this week shops have reopened for appointments only with a maximum of two customers per floor.
Thanks. From a US perspective, it seems to me that Benelux was fairly free for the first half of the pandemic and the US shut down pretty early on, but in the last 6 months the trend has reversed. We actually sorta see the light in the tunnel now, although anything can happen

Goofy

Reaction score
Thanks. From a US perspective, it seems to me that Benelux was fairly free for the first half of the pandemic and the US shut down pretty early on, but in the last 6 months the trend has reversed. We actually sorta see the light in the tunnel now, although anything can happen
We are doing quite well here in the BeNeLux. COVID incidence is stable. Deaths are on The decline. Lockdown is meant as a preventive measure given the spike in the more contagious British strain.

The first half of the pandemic saw a huge amount of unregistered COVID deaths in our elderly health care facilities. Don’t be fooled by confirmed COVID death cases. Excess mortality is more reflective of the severity of the pandemic.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a 38R Sienna 90% Wool/10% Cashmere Light Grey Windowpane suit?

Worn maybe 3 times, $200 + shipping. I am purging my wardrobe to change to MTM.
IG17-5.jpgPhoto 2020-04-17, 17 19 54.jpgPhoto 2020-04-17, 17 22 04.jpg

zurich64

Reaction score

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As Dieworkwear accurately points out its a glimpse into the post COVID-19 era. An image of the future to come. When intimacy even between strangers will once again be possible and free of risk
And we can all return to HIV, herpes and unwanted pregnancies, like the good old days.

It’s their attempt at being provocative and the CEO did land an interview with CNBC. so I guess it worked. Question is, does it translate to sales.

Men especially have been out of the game for the past year. Are they going to jump in feet first and is tailored clothing going to be what they go for? Who knows. I already have 2 closets full that I’m dying to start wearing again.

pomor

Reaction score
And we can all return to HIV, herpes and unwanted pregnancies, like the good old days.

It’s their attempt at being provocative and the CEO did land an interview with CNBC. so I guess it worked. Question is, does it translate to sales.

Men especially have been out of the game for the past year. Are they going to jump in feet first and is tailored clothing going to be what they go for? Who knows. I already have 2 closets full that I’m dying to start wearing again.
There WILL be a spike in sales — however marginal. Sex sells — pure and simple. Hello, Calvin Klein 1991! Hello, Abercrombie 1998! Hello, Suitsupply 2011-2018!

adrianvo

Reaction score
Maybe I should elaborate more, I just lost my appetite at this moment in time. 90% of my suits are from SuSu and I even worked there. While their OTR fits me fine, it's the trouser rise I hate and would have to go custom. I still have friends working there and I will continue to support them.
If you're looking for high rise; what's wrong with the Braddon model? It's excellent imo.
Would anyone be interested in a 38R Sienna 90% Wool/10% Cashmere Light Grey Windowpane suit?

Worn maybe 3 times, $200 + shipping. I am purging my wardrobe to change to MTM.
View attachment 1570570View attachment 1570571View attachment 1570572
I have to ask: Don't you think an Iron Man tie bar is a bit... infantile?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 38 14.9%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 41 16.1%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Carmina

Votes: 40 15.7%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Other

Votes: 79 31.0%