• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, If I could turn back time I would have gotten the pink herringbone one which I have seen in real life and it was nice.

I would of course wear this as informal or separates. I will judge when it arrives hehe.
Yes, I think that suit would only really work as separates (if it ever arrives).

archipel

Reaction score
I ordered that too! Still hasn't been cancelled, though. Strange the system allows multiple orders of the same item. I believe there was only one of that suit.

You got my suit!!!:butbut: (Just kidding)
Probably the website isn't updated immediately when someone purchases the last item. When did you order it?

(PS. let me know if you're not keeping it)

MisterBB

Reaction score
I see that the Havana DB linnen tuxedo is available and sold as separates. Anyone have anything to say about this piece?
I bought the jacket and linen trousers.

It's a match and I think will work as an alternative to wool. Though being linen, it's not as smooth as cotton, wool or silk

Last edited:

H Nguyen

Reaction score
Got my first cancellation (EU based. Mid grey la spalla suit. Was the suit I was looking forward to the most....
Midgrey birdseye? I think they had quite a few in stock in us outlet cause that was up for a few days before I ordered mine and I got that first. Size 40us. La spalla fits memgood besides the arm sleeves need to be shortened just a tad.

0Phoenix0

Reaction score
Any thoughts on Jort Boots FW160707?

What-Makes-a-Quality-Pair-of-Boots-gear-patrol-blake-suitsupply.jpg

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Any thoughts on Jort Boots FW160707?

What-Makes-a-Quality-Pair-of-Boots-gear-patrol-blake-suitsupply.jpg

I couldn't pull this up on the US site. A few questions:

- How are much are they selling it for at outlet price and the original price?
- Is it goodyear welted?

I see a couple of premium models in the US site only discounted about 50% and they are sitting.

Frigcatcher01

Reaction score
152 for this seems like such a good deal, sadly its a 94 instead of 48 :(

Love the lapel width

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.48.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.48.23 PM.png
    504.5 KB · Views: 117

lexxdeleon

Reaction score
I guessed you were the one because I went there and they told me a guy bought the whole outlet and returned it :D

Extra Edit: Alterations count as regular sales and items per customer, so if you go there and do an alteration without buying anything you wreck their daily average. Which I think it was around 2750 SEK per customer? The target. And 1.6 items per customer.

Former US Susu employee here, from what I remember, alterations didn't count towards IPC. It's been a couple years since I worked there, but I think our goal was set at 2 items per customer and the per customer goal was between $400-$500 USD.

That seems like a completely flawed system. The local staff gets no benefit from all the online sales, but get hit with a penalty on returns? This is perhaps why, in the U.S. at least, they have moved to a "final sale" approach, to prevent people from returning large quantities of items.

By the way, does anyone know what SuitSupply does with returns of custom made items? Do they leave enough allowances, to reconfigure it for a regular sale?

In the US, we never got hit with penalty on items purchased online that were returned in-store. But US employees do earn commission (not the most rewarding system, first $20k in sales of the month there's no commission), so that would be extremely unfair if they were hit with a penalty.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Former US Susu employee here, from what I remember, alterations didn't count towards IPC. It's been a couple years since I worked there, but I think our goal was set at 2 items per customer and the per customer goal was between $400-$500 USD.

In the US, we never got hit with penalty on items purchased online that were returned in-store. But US employees do earn commission (not the most rewarding system, first $20k in sales of the month there's no commission), so that would be extremely unfair if they were hit with a penalty.
Thanks for sharing! This was in the end of 2019 for me and also in Europe! Glad to see there’s some buffer for you guys!

buddingman

Reaction score
Got two suits (my only order) delivered today. Lower 48, put the order in Monday morning

Havana 38 Brown Ferla + Navy Chalkstripe. I'm out of town but might post when I get back in this weekend.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I late to the party, or did they recently add an Extended Length option for custom made coats on the website? They add an additional 25cm for $25.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads