• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Any thoughts on Jort Boots FW160707?

I couldn't pull this up on the US site. A few questions:

- How are much are they selling it for at outlet price and the original price?
- Is it goodyear welted?

I see a couple of premium models in the US site only discounted about 50% and they are sitting.

lexxdeleon

Reaction score
I guessed you were the one because I went there and they told me a guy bought the whole outlet and returned it :D

Extra Edit: Alterations count as regular sales and items per customer, so if you go there and do an alteration without buying anything you wreck their daily average. Which I think it was around 2750 SEK per customer? The target. And 1.6 items per customer.
Former US Susu employee here, from what I remember, alterations didn't count towards IPC. It's been a couple years since I worked there, but I think our goal was set at 2 items per customer and the per customer goal was between $400-$500 USD.

That seems like a completely flawed system. The local staff gets no benefit from all the online sales, but get hit with a penalty on returns? This is perhaps why, in the U.S. at least, they have moved to a "final sale" approach, to prevent people from returning large quantities of items.

By the way, does anyone know what SuitSupply does with returns of custom made items? Do they leave enough allowances, to reconfigure it for a regular sale?
In the US, we never got hit with penalty on items purchased online that were returned in-store. But US employees do earn commission (not the most rewarding system, first $20k in sales of the month there's no commission), so that would be extremely unfair if they were hit with a penalty.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Former US Susu employee here, from what I remember, alterations didn't count towards IPC. It's been a couple years since I worked there, but I think our goal was set at 2 items per customer and the per customer goal was between $400-$500 USD.

In the US, we never got hit with penalty on items purchased online that were returned in-store. But US employees do earn commission (not the most rewarding system, first $20k in sales of the month there's no commission), so that would be extremely unfair if they were hit with a penalty.
Thanks for sharing! This was in the end of 2019 for me and also in Europe! Glad to see there’s some buffer for you guys!

buddingman

Reaction score
Got two suits (my only order) delivered today. Lower 48, put the order in Monday morning

Havana 38 Brown Ferla + Navy Chalkstripe. I'm out of town but might post when I get back in this weekend.

MajorDash

Reaction score
Am I late to the party, or did they recently add an Extended Length option for custom made coats on the website? They add an additional 25cm for $25.

sarteaga

Reaction score
I ordered 2 women's jackets pretty much a week ago come tomorrow and a pair of gray flannel trousers and nothing yet. Yet, my first order came in within 2 days. I'm getting a little frustrated to be honest. I don't care if they cancel my trousers but really want the jackets for my wife. They were also very quick to take their money so...

archipel

Reaction score
Speaking of that white alpaca Jort....

How does one keep it clean? I can just imagine that the butt of your suit would just get dirty and discolored from just sitting in chairs and stuff. Or does it resist soiling pretty well.
Still debating on keeping my off white jort alpaca. Can anyone share their experiences with it?

monkeynuts

Reaction score
Hmm seems like the filters are not working too well. Got excited when I saw some items I missed but when I click on it, my size not there :(

zanci

Reaction score
Still debating on keeping my off white jort alpaca. Can anyone share their experiences with it?
Superb, feels wonderful, warm, but gets dirty somehow even if you just sit in your office 😂 I advise to keep it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.