• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ElliotG

Reaction score
Those look good too. I need to rebuild my business wardrobe due to a combination of weight gain and moth holes, and I'm looking for a new go-to. Suit Supply is fine for sportcoats, but their pants currently fit me like jeggins.

When I used to be active on here, people would spend a lot of time talking about fused vs. half-canvassed vs. full canvas, and I've ultimately come to the conclusion that I don't personally care about canvasing all that much; I'm much more interested in shoulder construction and would prefer completely unstructured/fused to padded/full-canvassed.

Might need to go MTO on your trousers then. @spiermackay needs a RTW "Athletic" or "Traditional" cut trouser, because even contempory is quite tight in the rump and thighs if you have any 'thickness' to you at all

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Might need to go MTO on your trousers then. @spiermackay needs a RTW "Athletic" or "Traditional" cut trouser, because even contempory is quite tight in the rump and thighs if you have any 'thickness' to you at all
Yeah, I tried their chinos a few years back in contemporary in my normal size and found them to be too tight in the seat and thighs, though not as tight as SuSu. This time, I ordered the stretch wool dress trousers in a size up, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the larger size and stretch factor will work out for me. Their MTM prices are pretty good though, if that's the route I have to go. I wish their sorting feature allowed you to sort the fabrics by those with some stretch.

bnd6xc

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried their chinos a few years back in contemporary in my normal size and found them to be too tight in the seat and thighs, though not as tight as SuSu. This time, I ordered the stretch wool dress trousers in a size up, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the larger size and stretch factor will work out for me. Their MTM prices are pretty good though, if that's the route I have to go. I wish their sorting feature allowed you to sort the fabrics by those with some stretch.
The ability to modify waist and hip measurements is a game changer. I have been playing with that a bit myself. It starts to make a lot of sense when you factor in waist + hem adjustments from a tailor.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
The ability to modify waist and hip measurements is a game changer. I have been playing with that a bit myself. It starts to make a lot of sense when you factor in waist + hem adjustments from a tailor.

Have you done any MTM trousers through SM? If so, did they turn out ok?

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score
Just ordered the Moon oatmeal donegal and gun check sportcoats, oatmeal cable knit sweater and all three covert trousers. Next is the Fox Bros Browns PoW check!

@spiermackay, will there be any additional drops of flap pocket winter weight suits this season?

Wow is it Christmas already ?Lol. You are pretty lucky they still have your size available.

TheVirt

Reaction score
Just picked up my stone and mid grey covert twill trousers from my tailor. The stone is a really nice shade of warm taupe that I can see myself getting a ton of wear out of. It's warmer and more saturated than the cream flannels @Betelgeuse posted today, and feels really substantial. The mid grey is honestly more like a charcoal imo, or at least on the dark end of grey.
IMG_4365.jpg IMG_4366.jpg IMG_4367.jpg IMG_4368.jpg

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just picked up my stone and mid grey covert twill trousers from my tailor. The stone is a really nice shade of warm taupe that I can see myself getting a ton of wear out of. It's warmer and more saturated than the cream flannels @Betelgeuse posted today, and feels really substantial. The mid grey is honestly more like a charcoal imo, or at least on the dark end of grey.
View attachment 1251648 View attachment 1251649 View attachment 1251650 View attachment 1251651
Damn! Those fit you really nice, mate!

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably the best video I’ve seen on pressing pleats.

Thanks. I think I’ve seen this but I would still mess it up. Haha. I’m scared of ironing anything that’s not cotton even with something over it. I damaged a pair of cord pants with a piece of fabric over it trying to get creases in them.

TheVirt

Reaction score
Thanks. I think I’ve seen this but I would still mess it up. Haha. I’m scared of ironing anything that’s not cotton even with something over it. I damaged a pair of cord pants with a piece of fabric over it trying to get creases in them.
I think that's more a function of the nature of corduroy. As far as I know, it's better to iron cord inside-out to avoid collapsing the fluffy fibers. Also, it's cord! embrace the cotton wrinkliness of it

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that's more a function of the nature of corduroy. As far as I know, it's better to iron cord inside-out to avoid collapsing the fluffy fibers. Also, it's cord! embrace the cotton wrinkliness of it
Thanks. I just love the look of a crease. Inside out is fine without one but if you try to iron a crease it will be inverted. I’ve tried. :(

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1251648 View attachment 1251649 View attachment 1251650 View attachment 1251651
dat drape, this is what I was expecting from those trousers.

shocked that people sent them back.

well now I know what I will get in the future.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonThson