• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
really? The oxfords shrink that badly? I (really, my wife) tends to toss oxfords in the dryer as they are typically pretty hearty...trying to keep the laundry simple.

Simplicity is an enemy here, and also why I only toss easily replaceable items (towels, socks, underwear) in the dryer these days. Subjecting your fine dress shirts to thermal stress will invariably deteriorate the fibers (shrink).

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Planning to place a Custom shirt order this week. Need to replace a few oxfords.... blue stripe, pink, light blue.
Is shrinkage much of a concern if these shirts will get washed cold and tossed in the dryer?
sure is. dryer will almost always shrink shirts.

FWIW, you can request "wash and dry fabric before cutting", I wonder if you can request a "warm dry in dryer" or something.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Agree with what's been stated: warm wash (per the label) and hang dry.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
really? The oxfords shrink that badly? I (really, my wife) tends to toss oxfords in the dryer as they are typically pretty hearty...trying to keep the laundry simple.
I'm with others - only underwears and casual (t-shirts) go in dryer for me. My polos and dress socks even line dry. It doesn't add that much to it, plus not having them in the dryer shortens dry time. I like to iron shirts slightly damp, so when dryer's done I pull everything out, fold and iron all at once.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
I understand and completely agree that heat will shrink the fabrics to an extent. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much extra length, chest width, etc I should account for. Gotta be realistic and expect that these shirts will eventually find their way into the dryer. I can't exactly hover over my wife doing the laundry while I'm at work. I figured an oxford could take some abuse. I have oxfords from Polo, Brooks Brothers, and Wolf vs Goat that are 10+ years old and still in mediocre shape after many trips through the dryer....

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand and completely agree that heat will shrink the fabrics to an extent. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much extra length, chest width, etc I should account for. Gotta be realistic and expect that these shirts will eventually find their way into the dryer. I can't exactly hover over my wife doing the laundry while I'm at work. I figured an oxford could take some abuse. I have oxfords from Polo, Brooks Brothers, and Wolf vs Goat that are 10+ years old and still in mediocre shape after many trips through the dryer....
I think you're best off contacting Rick or Tim then, they would have more knowledge in terms of dryer tolerance.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
since i'm on a roll... I broke out the Gray Fresco for the first time the other week. This is the only pic i have on my phone right now. Fantastic material. Very cool and comfortable.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ This

I have several brands of OCBDs in my closet. The ones that are worn to work get taken to cleaners for laundry/pressing. None so far have shrunk.

Only later in life do my OCBDs move to the "wash at home" pile when they become more weekend wear, vice wear with tie. Thoseget washed at home, and hung dry, no iron to keep the slightly rumpled weekend look.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Planning to place a Custom shirt order this week. Need to replace a few oxfords.... blue stripe, pink, light blue.
Is shrinkage much of a concern if these shirts will get washed cold and tossed in the dryer?

I've ordered three MTM OCBDs and all three shrunk a bit (especially in the sleeves) when washing cold and line-drying. I wouldn't even think about putting them in the dryer. In my order, I requested that the fabric be prewashed to reduce shrinkage but it still shrunk more than I would have liked. I recommend including that in your order as it can't hurt.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since i'm on a roll... I broke out the Gray Fresco for the first time the other week. This is the only pic i have on my phone right now. Fantastic material. Very cool and comfortable.
View attachment 1222354

Nice deep lapel roll through to the second button.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T’was my conundrum. Opted for the whole suit, though I think I’ll wear them as separates more likely.

Received the Honey Linen suit - material is great. Will work well for a hot weather wedding coming up, but as I anticipated I’ll probably wear it as separates more.

Still deciding if I’ll get enough wear out of this thing before I take it to the tailors.

3078E03B-EE3B-4C14-8EAC-DA23BD81DF9A.jpeg
97B0E8CC-82EF-46CA-8F30-A757C05332E6.jpeg

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my first purple label shirt. Seems like one hell of a value for only $60 on sale right now.

mt-2057_shirt-edit.jpg

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the Honey Linen suit - material is great. Will work well for a hot weather wedding coming up, but as I anticipated I’ll probably wear it as separates more.

Still deciding if I’ll get enough wear out of this thing before I take it to the tailors.

View attachment 1222507
View attachment 1222508
Jesus, those are nice split up like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads