• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pickergc

Reaction score
Got the cream linen and medium brown sondrio trousers back from the tailor - cigar linen were somehow hemmed way too short so those will need to be redone. Also, better look at the teal check.

Pickering_May-83.jpg
Pickering_May-87.jpg
Pickering_May-84.jpg
Pickering_May-88.jpg
Pickering_May-86.jpg
Pickering_May-85.jpg

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody’s biceps actually fit the contemporary shirts? I’m swimming in the Atlantic

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been in the Mississauga store today and (aside from seersucker I bought) what caught my eye were denim shirts (darker one is really striking) and sage green linen/silk suit.

Are they actually as dark as photographed on the web site? Darker than last season denim shirts?

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they actually as dark as photographed on the web site? Darker than last season denim shirts?

Dont know how they compare to last season, but not overly dark, just darker then what you usually find on "dress" denim shirt.
But very nice shade.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been in the Mississauga store today and (aside from seersucker I bought) what caught my eye were denim shirts (darker one is really striking) and sage green linen/silk suit.

Daylight pic of the sage please

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone was asking about now light or dark the navy Neo hopsack is. Outdoors:
5CD27115-37DA-47B4-BF19-D518D4F2684F.jpeg

Indoors:
A0189784-84BF-4B19-AD26-3C9B8CA89485.jpeg

(I didn’t wear it like this today, I just put it on over what I had on. Also, to answer the other question I saw, it’s navy Neo hopsack with burgundy 1/4 lining).

I just want to point out how bomb this jacket is. The fit is solid, the fabric is top notch, the shade of navy is perfect (not light at all, but not close to black- just a deep, rich navy), and the lapels are pure sex. I’ll actually wear it next week a couple times, will post pics then.

Edit: also, does anyone (cough @induere_to @spiermackay cough cough) have measurements for the new 38L? Length and sleeve primarily?

Last edited:

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chiggyv

Reaction score
Any 15.5 slims experimented with 16 extra slim in lieu of 15.5 slim stock? Curious how that worked for you - especially in the arms.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1177899

Indoors:
View attachment 1177898

(I didn’t wear it like this today, I just put it on over what I had on. Also, to answer the other question I saw, it’s navy Neo hopsack with burgundy 1/4 lining).

I just want to point out how bomb this jacket is. The fit is solid, the fabric is top notch, the shade of navy is perfect (not light at all, but not close to black- just a deep, rich navy), and the lapels are pure sex. I’ll actually wear it next week a couple times, will post pics then.

Edit: also, does anyone (cough @induere_to @spiermackay cough cough) have measurements for the new 38L? Length and sleeve primarily?

Thanks. I actually tried it in store, but I also tried last season's Angelico navy hopsack (not Neo cut) which is a bit darker and has a bit coarser texture and I liked it more. I almost bought it (fit wise, both Neo and standard are very similar at least on me, difference is a lapel roll and shape, that's all I could notice). But then I asked do they have seersucker in store in my size.
Well.... since what I was really looking for is semi casual navy summer jacket, and since I swore five times I will walk away with one jacket in my hands, the choice was seersucker.

Typiper

Reaction score
View attachment 1177899

Indoors:
View attachment 1177898

Polo info???

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
So this is something that I meant to ask a while ago, and I'm not sure how appropriate it is, especially since we have people from all over the world contributing to the thread...If I get eviscerated, so be it. Anyways, here we go:

Judging by people's spending habits in this forum, I presume that die-hard S&M aficionados are doing quite well financially. I am not sure if people are joking when they say stuff like "RIP wallet", although that would definitely be the case if every single drop elicits a reaction of "Insta-kop" or "FOMO made me buy this."

I would consider myself a S&M fan, with my closet containing about 8 shirts, 4 sweaters, 3 dress pants, a few polos, 1 suit, a sportcoat, and a pair of shoes. My line of work is quite casual, but I do enjoy dressing up for work. I have often considered buying items simply because I WANT THEM. Every single time that happens, I sit down and ask myself when, where, and how often I am going to wear the respective item. Usually, that rational mindset prevails and forces me to reconsider my spending habits.

My last intention is to poke and prod into people's private business...I'll give you a data point, and I don't expect to receive much in return. 2 years removed from graduate school in a scientific field, I make about 5k (USD) a month before tax. That leaves me with about 3.3k after tax. My rent + bills clock in around 1k. $300 is enough to feed me for a month. I try to save the rest, often choosing to live a frugal lifestyle (eat at home most days, bike to work, invite friends over to my place for drinks instead of going out, etc). I feel absolutely ashamed with myself if I ever spend more than $500 on clothing and shoes in a given month. It does happen sometimes...For example, this January, I bought a pair of Vass shoes at $520. Worth it? Maybe.

So, my question to you is, where do you draw a line? I draw it at 10% of pre-tax income. That's how much goes towards my retirement (on top of 8% company match), and I can't fathom spending more on clothing that I may outgrow as soon as the dad bod starts kicking in...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads