• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gavrarabba

Reaction score
Question on a dress shirt like this one...... https://www.spierandmackay.com/white-fine-twill-30036.html how does it come out from the dryer? completely wrinkled and disheveled like a typical non-treated cotton or do they look somewhat OK with simple steam treatment? The obvious reason why I ask is - I hate ironing......
I don't have a great answer for you, but I will say a shot of single malt whiskey and a good podcast, and I'm OK ironing out a few shirts. It's soothing.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
Question on a dress shirt like this one...... https://www.spierandmackay.com/white-fine-twill-30036.html how does it come out from the dryer? completely wrinkled and disheveled like a typical non-treated cotton or do they look somewhat OK with simple steam treatment? The obvious reason why I ask is - I hate ironing......
This shirt will shrink in the dryer FYI.

I air dry and have to iron but its not as difficult as the black label shirts. A dedicated steamer might do the trick but in my opinion, it needs a true press.

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
@spiermackay

Were the shots of the cream sport coat overexposed at all? The cream trousers looks truer to white. I'm hoping that the shots of the sport coat are more representative of the colour.

gianm

Reaction score
@spiermackay

Were the shots of the cream sport coat overexposed at all? The cream trousers looks truer to white. I'm hoping that the shots of the sport coat are more representative of the colour.

I posted a picture some pages back in the cream linen trousers. It's pretty cream, although it still looks a shade different to the website image.

preid

Reaction score
Interesting to see the 38L offered in some of the seasonal linen jackets. I guess I've got to pick one up to show there's demand for the size - ESPECIALLY IN THE NEO CUT

MellonC

Reaction score
This shirt will shrink in the dryer FYI.

I air dry and have to iron but its not as difficult as the black label shirts. A dedicated steamer might do the trick but in my opinion, it needs a true press.

:( I was afraid of such.......

I thought I read somewhere that the proprietor is working on non-iron fabric with less formaldehyde content than what is out there in the market.......

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What shirt/pant colours would you guys pair the cigar linen coat with? Debating how versatile it is.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What shirt/pant colours would you guys pair the cigar linen coat with? Debating how versatile it is.

Combo of the season is going to be this...

Shirt wise I'll play it by ear but thinking white, blue or green cotton/linen bengal stripe, probably even the wide stripe linen that is coming.

Will work with cream or olive pants easily as well.

Edit: Cream trousers, navy polo, and cigar jacket :slayer:

f295-90302-p-7044-1.jpg

499660-3f2h1-slim_2-edit-2_1.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads