• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

paxonus

Reaction score
I think you missed it. Guide is showing 10.5" on a 32 contemporary standard and 11" on contemporary high rise.
Here is what I am seeing:

upload_2019-5-1_10-27-36.png

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you experts have any advice for caring for a fresco suit like the one currently available from S&M? Or is it for the most part similar to caring for any other wool?
Fresco is a pretty durable fabric. I would care for it like most any other wool. My one caution would be that it can pick up an irreversible shine pretty easily if you over-clean it or press it with super hot irons (in other words, avoid cheap dry cleaners). That said, I treat fresco as a workhorse fabric and don't think twice about putting it through the daily rigors.

Sdig14

Reaction score
Fresco is a pretty durable fabric. I would care for it like most any other wool. My one caution would be that it can pick up an irreversible shine pretty easily if you over-clean it or press it with super hot irons (in other words, avoid cheap dry cleaners). That said, I treat fresco as a workhorse fabric and don't think twice about putting it through the daily rigors.
Ok, that's always been my worry, and I tend to basically not dry clean anything unless it is essential. Daily care I can use a steamer to get out most of the wrinkles, if any, correct? I assume this is fine compared to using an iron.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay
I too like the idea of an oatmeal sports coat. But living in Scandinavia I would get more use out of it being made of wool, for this FW, and maybe with a subtle herringbone or some texture.

Inspired by this from simon crompton and in neo config.
I'm personally more a fan of it in silk/linen/cotton, and getting those nice little complementary colours like burgundy and navy strewn throughout.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, that's always been my worry, and I tend to basically not dry clean anything unless it is essential. Daily care I can use a steamer to get out most of the wrinkles, if any, correct? I assume this is fine compared to using an iron.
Yep! Don't oversteam the jacket because it can damage the canvas, but light steam is fine. It is the pressure and motion of ironing that can do as much damage as heat.

dluce76

Reaction score
Yep! Don't oversteam the jacket because it can damage the canvas, but light steam is fine. It is the pressure and motion of ironing that can do as much damage as heat.

I feel like a good suit brush and a steamer changes the need to dry clean to maybe once a year or even longer depending on use, esp for the jacket. Steam for wrinkles and to kill bacteria/sterilize, and a brush to remove the dirt/debris from wear.

tripreed

Reaction score
It feels lighter than the wool linen drago navy plaid jacket i got. Honestly, nothing truly gets you through the Texas summer as much as less layers and clothes, but it is a true summer weight jacket in my estimation. It was humid and 80 and it did not feel like I was being suffocated.

Yeah, being in Birmingham, I know the feeling...Thanks for the thoughts!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Processing time and logistics aside (which has been pretty good for me for the most part), I’m a Spier customer for life. I’m honestly not sure how much better even bespoke could get. Maybe slightly lower button stance, slightly lower gorge and these jackets would be perfection for me.

@spiermackay you’ve outdone yourself yet again this season. I swear this is the cleanest a jacket back has ever fit me. This one fit a little more snug in the waist compared to other Slim 40s but still works. I might let it out a touch though, just personal preference.

Edit: just ordered a contemporary to see the difference. Might give me the room in the waist without altering, plus some more length.

D4169874-1E1C-42C2-9AD2-0547792ECFD8.jpeg

AB138C06-82F5-45EA-BF2C-E29CE95936B8.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics