• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thetallone

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'd appreciate any feedback on the fit of my recently ordered custom shirt from Spier & Mackay. It's their light blue brushed oxford (RY-985).

It can be difficult to find something fitting my frame at 6' 4" ~195 lbs. My goal is a tailored look, nothing extra slim or skin-tight.

Please see the attached pictures. Note in the last picture I'm sitting and the placket spreads open.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Spex

Reaction score
^^ The fit looks fine overall. A button down collar shirt traditionally has a center pleat. Side pleats are usually found on spread collar shirts. If I were to order a custom OCBD I would go with no pleats in the back (which is what I order on my spread collar custom shirts). I just prefer the clean look and I don't find that any kind of pleat increases freedom of movement or anything else some people claim. Perhaps that's due to my body shape and the measurements I provide for my shirts. Pleats of any kind are just prone to pop open at some point.

Last edited:

Spex

Reaction score
Re: the alleged denim shirts. Will these be available by or before boxing day? I would likely buy a couple of them, however I've seen other retailers that offer ones that I would buy on boxing day if the S&M version is not available.

What price will the denim shirts if/when they appear?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: the alleged denim shirts. Will these be available by or before boxing day? I would likely buy a couple of them, however I've seen other retailers that offer ones that I would buy on boxing day if the S&M version is not available.

Rick mentioned some production issues with the wash process on them, I do not think they will be here anytime soon.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Not coming until January.....maybe. Two of the washes are fine now, the third is still coming out with a heavy green tone. They will be priced at $54 CAD and $45 CAD when bundled in 3.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not coming until January.....maybe. Two of the washes are fine now, the third is still coming out with a heavy green tone. They will be priced at $54 CAD and $45 CAD when bundled in 3.

I may have missed earlier posts on this, but what is the style of shirt? Button Down? Point Collar? Spread? Something different?

Spex

Reaction score

I may have missed earlier posts on this, but what is the style of shirt? Button Down? Point Collar? Spread? Something different?

I believe there will be both button down and wide spread versions (I hope there is), but Rick can confirm I'm sure.

In terms of that one wash coming out greenish I'm curious to how it looks. Perhaps that might be an interesting option...

jeam3130

Reaction score
Does sm ever stock 36L or 38L slim suits? Is it bad to buy a long suit for the extra sleeve length and have the body shortened? Not sure it that would throw the proportions off

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads