• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gil_Pender

Reaction score
Have any of you had significant problems with customer service at S&M? Multiple emails and phone calls are going unanswered, and they owe me a suit!
Look at the last few pages on here. Customer service issues account for a significant amount of the posts. My experiences have been pretty good but they certainly do not seem to be the best at this facet of the business.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Look at the last few pages on here. Customer service issues account for a significant amount of the posts. My experiences have been pretty good but they certainly do not seem to be the best at this facet of the business.

A lot of the complaints about customer service seem to be from people with a single post though. I'm wondering how many of them are legit.

I've never worked with their CS. I've ordered a number of pieces from them and found the shipping to be quite slow, but they've all gotten here eventually! :)

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All three of my orders have shipped - I’m impressed with how quickly trousers were hemmed and orders sent out.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Does anyone here have anything made from the ~14oz Marling & Evans flannels currently available in the MTO section and how it compares to, say, the go-to VBC 340g flannel or perhaps the Taylor and Lodge 2080? I've always wanted a proper chalkstripe suit in a heavier flannel, to, you know, pretend like I'm a Prohibition-era "businessman" with interests in New York and Chicago... I'm wary though of a flannel that feels a bit too wooly/fuzzy/hairy, as I don't want to feel like I am wearing a suit made out of sweater or sweatshirt material. Where does this material lie amidst all that? It's also much more expensive than the VBC versions; is the price difference worthwhile? Thanks!

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
872C85AA-4B50-40D4-9C21-DA3C2C1227BD.jpeg

😡

AMProf

Reaction score
A lot of the complaints about customer service seem to be from people with a single post though. I'm wondering how many of them are legit.

I've never worked with their CS. I've ordered a number of pieces from them and found the shipping to be quite slow, but they've all gotten here eventually! :)

Well, I haven't posted lately, but I've been on SF since 2011 and have a quite a few posts in my history! So I'm real, not just the greyhound in my avatar :)

JTrent82

Reaction score
Credit where it's due- my last three orders have shipped within eight business days and my MTO from the Black Friday full canvas promotion arrived last week. It's a definite improvement.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Well, I haven't posted lately, but I've been on SF since 2011 and have a quite a few posts in my history! So I'm real, not just the greyhound in my avatar :)

I don't know, I've heard of dogs who can type... ;)

You obviously aren't the people I'm talking about! And I'm sure people have their share of issues with SM's CS system. I do find it odd how many people form an account on here just to come post a complaint about SM's CS though...

classicoutfits

Reaction score
my last 2 orders, one was shipped after 10 days and the other after 3 days. none of my orders took more than 2 weeks to ship last year, those at the end of spectrum were alteration orders. The turn around does not bother me, but should be kept in mind as unreliable to order if you are in a rush.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@alkydrinker

How are your high rise chinos holding up? You mentioned that they're more warm weather friendly? Is it heavier than the light weight chinos? I tend to only buy the regular chinos as they're better for all year round.

Any shrinkage? You mind posting for pics please.?

whipcord

Reaction score
I don't know, I've heard of dogs who can type... ;)

You obviously aren't the people I'm talking about! And I'm sure people have their share of issues with SM's CS system. I do find it odd how many people form an account on here just to come post a complaint about SM's CS though...

I don't find it odd at all. They probably see it as a way to gain some traction on an issue they're having. Questioning the integrity or motives of people due to low post counts is, in my opinion, pitiful. If I were the company, I'd want to take each and every one seriously.

Imperatores

Reaction score
I don't find it odd at all. They probably see it as a way to gain some traction on an issue they're having. Questioning the integrity or motives of people due to low post counts is, in my opinion, pitiful. If I were the company, I'd want to take each and every one seriously.

Completely agree. Questioning the legitimacy of certain complaints based on nothing but post count is really weird to me. I got curious, so I just tried googling "Spier & Mackay customer service" to see what comes up and this thread is #5. It's not exactly hard to believe that a few dissatisfied customers would find their way here to make their first post(s) on SF.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Completely agree. Questioning the legitimacy of certain complaints based on nothing but post count is really weird to me. I got curious, so I just tried googling "Spier & Mackay customer service" to see what comes up and this thread is #5. It's not exactly hard to believe that a few dissatisfied customers would find their way here to make their first post(s) on SF.

Fair enough. Consider my comment withdrawn :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads