• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

milktoast

Reaction score
Ordered the balmacaan as soon as I saw the in-stock email earlier this week...still hasn't shipped. I'm not usually one of the dudes that gets antsy about shipping, but did kinda want to have it before Thanksgiving. Chances are slim at this point. Feels bad, man.
Update: it moved.

That's what she said. Heh.

JTrent82

Reaction score
FYI, the Zanieri oatmeal duffle coat and the Zanieri oatmeal peacoat are the same fabric. The peacoat photos are much truer. The duffle photos look washed out. In person, I actually found it to appear darker even than the peacoat photos, which was ideal for me. Sadly, the fit of the peacoat didn't work for me and I returned it before I took any of my own photos.

bonbons

Reaction score
Thinking about taking the dive on the new suede jackets in light brown...the question is aviator or trucker? Thoughts...

Also keen on the dark camel overcoat...my pocket.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, the Zanieri oatmeal duffle coat and the Zanieri oatmeal peacoat are the same fabric. The peacoat photos are much truer. The duffle photos look washed out. In person, I actually found it to appear darker even than the peacoat photos, which was ideal for me. Sadly, the fit of the peacoat didn't work for me and I returned it before I took any of my own photos.

In the wild pics of my 2020 model, I believe it's the same fabric as this years

DSC09354 (2).jpg
DSC09357 (2).jpg
DSC09389 (2).jpg

thisfits

Reaction score
Anyone try the denim flannel easy trousers? Or any easy trousers?
I'm also here to ask about the flannel easy trousers. Are the drawstrings concealable or are they out front?

I own and enjoy the flannel easy trousers, hemmed with 2" cuffs. The material is warm and comfy and holds a crease surprisingly well. Drawstrings are out front.

Actually wore them today in what happened to be a mostly S&M outfit: navy heavy hoodie over a cream short-sleeve crewneck sweater and white Svensson Classic Lows. I really liked the relaxed but not sloppy vibe.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed lots of exclusions, I am probably just going to wait and see what the Xmas/Boxing Day sales are. Nothing I want is super needed currently. Curious what others will pick up

Who knows what Boxing day will bring, as someone earlier above pointed out BF 15% is less than what was available last week on the NOV22 promotion on certain products.

I think 20% is the max they offer nowadays, with exception to 20% off final sale which can sometimes net 40%, but those are usually less desirable items with a limited range of sizes available.

I suppose they discount based on what's selling and what isn't, for example some flat front trousers are excluded on BF but the equivalent high rise version is included.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who knows what Boxing day will bring, as someone earlier above pointed out BF 15% is less than what was available last week on the NOV22 promotion on certain products.

I think 20% is the max they offer nowadays, with exception to 20% off final sale which can sometimes net 40%, but those are usually less desirable items with a limited range of sizes available.

I suppose they discount based on what's selling and what isn't, for example some flat front trousers are excluded on BF but the equivalent high rise version is included.
The latter reasoning is probably what's deciding the sale. But it's irrational and incoherent.

If something didn't sell out when discounted by 20 %, what makes them think it'll sell out at 15 %?

Also, there are suits that aren't on sale while the trousers, if bought separately, are. What's the signal here? Order the suit and order an additional pair of trousers separately. Use the BF code for the latter, email Spier and ask them to deduct and refund the pair of trousers that were part of the full suit? Why would you encourage people to purchase the trousers and run out of them so that you're not able to sell full suits? But maybe they keep extra pair of trousers to meet the amount of jackets, what do I know. Strange either way if you ask me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads