• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AtlRock

Reaction score
I defaced my S&M Navy Melton peacoat .... exchanged out the shiny anchor buttons with unpolished horn buttons. Less traditional ... but more me!
IMG_6819.jpg

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whole outfit Spier. Highlighting my first wear of the fawn Cal twills via summer ‘21 MTO. LOVE THESE THINGS. Excuse the trouser wrinkles; been in meetings all day.
View attachment 1747046
wtf mate did you tailor all these items recently? they look better on you than earlier photos (a month or two back? don't remmeber). don't know if it's the pose but you're killin it lately!

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wtf mate did you tailor all these items recently? they look better on you than earlier photos (a month or two back? don't remmeber). don't know if it's the pose but you're killin it lately!
Many thanks for my friend. All props to my tailor. He’s the real mvp. Only thing tailored here are the trews. My tailor even recently revived the SM BG Neo flannel suit I thought I was gonna have to toss. May even wear that tomorrow.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why were you thinking of tossing it?

Dare I ask ... armholes?
Naw mane. It seemed to me that the version of the BG flannel suit I bought back in summer '21 (likely a FW '20 offering) was cut on the slimmer side of tolerances. I had bought it just to essentially have as a navy blue winter blazer. Didn't have in mind to wear it as a full suit, as it didn't seem to drape well off the peg. But my tailor... God bless that man.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Spier and Mackay English Cut jackets or any experience with their 'Custom'/MTM program?

I'm looking for advice, and am appreciative of anything.

Thanks, -Carl

I just received my MTO English cut jacket, and quite like it. I had it made in the stock 46R measurements, without changing anything except the sleeve length. The shoulder is a little bit more padded than their standard but it's nothing crazy, just enough to give it a bit of structure. There's quite a bit of waist suppression though, which ended up not working out as well for me. Their 46R contemporary generally fits me without any alterations at all, but for this one, the tailor actually had to let it out a bit. I suspect the ideal audience is a skinnier person who could use a bit of an extended shoulder to achieve more of a v-shape torso. In my case, my shoulders are already plenty wide and my torso is shaped like a beer barrel, which made things tricky around the waist. I probably won't be able to wear any of the RTW English cuts, but will probably get it for all my MTO jackets, with the waist bumped up to match the dimensions of the contemporary.

And to all the neo guys, the armhole on the English cut is for me juuuuuust right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads