• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tripreed

Reaction score
I'm really liking the long sleeve polo, especially the collar, but I'm just worried that the sleeves are going to be way too long on me (I'm 5'6" and think I would probably need a L).

lpast

Reaction score
Here’s some pics of new items. Taupe knit polo and donegal polo coat.

I’m a 40R contemporary jacket and for sizing I went with a large on the knit polo. The sizing feels good and the collar is nice, It looks great with and without a jacket. I’d prefer if It was a little heavier but not a deal breaker.

for the polo coat I went with a 42 and the pics are both layered over a sportcoat. I’m certainly happy with the decision to size up.

View attachment 1503785
View attachment 1503787
View attachment 1503788
Great color on the taupe. I missed out on the medium version and got camel instead.

Pepetito

Reaction score
Here’s some pics of new items. Taupe knit polo and donegal polo coat.

I’m a 40R contemporary jacket and for sizing I went with a large on the knit polo. The sizing feels good and the collar is nice, It looks great with and without a jacket. I’d prefer if It was a little heavier but not a deal breaker.

for the polo coat I went with a 42 and the pics are both layered over a sportcoat. I’m certainly happy with the decision to size up.

View attachment 1503785
View attachment 1503787
View attachment 1503788
Any pics of the sweater polo unbuttoned up top? Collar looks big.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
I know you're joking, but I actually have pretty big arms and a big chest

Never seen a suit have that much extra fabric at the arms

Maybe this is just a matter of taste then, or you have disproportionately big arms? For your reference, I'm kind of biggish but no Arnold, and the arms on the 46 contemporary fits nicely for me, as does the 44 - 46 in various other RTWs (Hart Schaffner Marx, Hickey Freeman, J.Crew Crosby, etc.). On the contrary, something like J.Crew Ludlow and most SuitSupply feels too tight, so that's where I stand, with regards to personal preference.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any pics of the sweater polo unbuttoned up top? Collar looks big.

the collar points are larger than other brands I’ve seen but I think that works for it under a jacket. I didn’t snap any pics of it unbuttoned without a jacket, just this one with the dark brown and fox jacket together.

0B76F939-C969-40D5-B0D5-E4800E044F4D.jpeg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is just a matter of taste then, or you have disproportionately big arms? For your reference, I'm kind of biggish but no Arnold, and the arms on the 46 contemporary fits nicely for me, as does the 44 - 46 in various other RTWs (Hart Schaffner Marx, Hickey Freeman, J.Crew Crosby, etc.). On the contrary, something like J.Crew Ludlow and most SuitSupply feels too tight, so that's where I stand, with regards to personal preference.
I'm curious now and want to see pictures of this extra fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads