• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

St1X

Reaction score
Does anyone know the care guidelines for the S-22 jackets? https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/navy---s-22-jacket-1041733-mil-jkt-fw22

Spier&Mackay-Navy%20-%20S65%20Jacket%20(12).jpg

Can these be machine washed at home?
IMG_2325.jpeg

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
This is an odd question, but has anyone ever tried to get extra fabric from S&M to add to a garment? I picked up a 3 pocket over shirt on sale and want to add a flap to the patch chest pocket to see if it visually balances out the shirt better. Maybe I would need to contact the fabric manufacturer?

JIMIG

Reaction score
Yet to do any of the provided caveats, so keep that in mind...nothing definitive.
Hip pockets, buttons/buttonholes, and gorge are all seemingly misaligned, with varying degrees of severity.
As mentioned, will actually do some proper QA.
Honestly, regardless, the jacket is pretty awesome.
Would love to see fit pics. Do you have the E. Thomas wsl hopsack from a few seasons back? If so, how would you compare them?

Marshdrifter

Reaction score
SM's 36S neo cut sportcoat fits me perfectly.
Does anyone here have a similar size with me? What's your shirt size in SM?
I have tried Slim, extra slim, 15 and 15.5. The cut just doesn't fit.
Maybe I should go for a larger size? But then the sleeve is too long.
I wouldn't say it fits me perfectly, but I wear the 36S neo cut.

Their shirt sizing is tricky for me. I've generally had the best luck with the extra slim 15. They fit me pretty well in the torso, but the shirts sometimes shrink to a point where I can't quite button the collar. I haven't tried it yet, but I would consider getting a custom shirt and upping the collar size a tad. I also try to avoid the sport shirts where I can't specify the sleeve length; it's a little too long for me.

St1X

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it fits me perfectly, but I wear the 36S neo cut.

Their shirt sizing is tricky for me. I've generally had the best luck with the extra slim 15. They fit me pretty well in the torso, but the shirts sometimes shrink to a point where I can't quite button the collar. I haven't tried it yet, but I would consider getting a custom shirt and upping the collar size a tad. I also try to avoid the sport shirts where I can't specify the sleeve length; it's a little too long for me.
You can always move a collar button by about 1 cm and make sure to add a shank to it to give you a few more mm of room there

jamie411

Reaction score
Yet to do any of the provided caveats, so keep that in mind...nothing definitive.
Hip pockets, buttons/buttonholes, and gorge are all seemingly misaligned, with varying degrees of severity.
As mentioned, will actually do some proper QA.
Honestly, regardless, the jacket is pretty awesome.
Perhaps dumb question, but you refer to this as a “w/c” sportcoat, are you referring to wool-cotton? That jacket looks like the di Pray that’s listed as wool-silk. Sorry just confused. Looks like it could be an awesome jacket (QC notwithstanding)!

WaIIace

Reaction score
Hello, have 2 questions:

1. Interested in their chinos but can't decide between sage and surplus green color. Maybe someone has both colors and can take a photo of them?
2. What is the inseam length of their chinos?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads