• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Lotus

Reaction score

I am the exact same measurements as you and wear a 38S contemporary. FWIW
yea hard to say but Most people here prefer jackets that cover the bum. Despos says the jacket length is your height in inches divided by 2 and subtracted by 4. I'm 5'6 1/2 so its about 66 inches. 66 / 2 = 33 -4 = 29 inch jacket.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A 29" would probably be correct if you went MTM. I'm 5'8" and prefer 29 - 29.25" jackets. Of course proportions will SKU that statement, its a guideline.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't end up liking the shine on the RTW chsmbrays so sent them back. Hoping some of the other ones from the custom fabrics will be coming to RTW. Kept the the summer oxford which felt like a great weight and unstructured collar. Fabric felt more like a thin pinpoint oxford rather than a thin casual brushed oxford (which is what I envisioned it would be like). For now, forever patiently waiting for denim shirts to drop haha

Side note, hoping to see a pressed chino line in the future.

iviustang50h

Reaction score
Does the bundle price only apply to items that aren't currently on sale? I put two sport coats in my shopping cart but no discount was applied. Forgive me - this has probably already been asked.

Thanks!

Pepetito

Reaction score
Does the bundle price only apply to items that aren't currently on sale? I put two sport coats in my shopping cart but no discount was applied. Forgive me - this has probably already been asked.

Thanks!
Unfortunately not I don't think. I tried this previously as well.

Pepetito

Reaction score
Didn't end up liking the shine on the RTW chsmbrays so sent them back. Hoping some of the other ones from the custom fabrics will be coming to RTW. Kept the the summer oxford which felt like a great weight and unstructured collar. Fabric felt more like a thin pinpoint oxford rather than a thin casual brushed oxford (which is what I envisioned it would be like). For now, forever patiently waiting for denim shirts to drop haha

"RTW"?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ready to wear (also OTR off the rack) as opposed to MTM (made to measure) and bespoke

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

New khakis should be here in about 10 days. They border on casual and business appropriate. Fabric was developed ourselves. A 2 ply 40s Egyptian yarn. Sanded and washed. Updated the cut, fit and construction over our last round and finished them off with horn buttons.

Once we get feedback on the updated fit we're probably going to start rolling out more casual and business casual trousers.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New khakis should be here in about 10 days. They border on casual and business appropriate. Fabric was developed ourselves. A 2 ply 40s Egyptian yarn. Sanded and washed. Updated the cut, fit and construction over our last round and finished them off with horn buttons.

Once we get feedback on the updated fit we're probably going to start rolling out more casual and business casual trousers.

Awesome, would these new cloths happen to be an option for custom trousers? I actually emailed about it today as the old chino cut might not be enough thigh room. Will wait to check them out though.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome, would these new cloths happen to be an option for custom trousers? I actually emailed about it today as the old chino cut might not be enough thigh room. Will wait to check them out though.

The thigh has been modified slightly to give more room for comfort. Both fits are available.

These may become available in custom.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thigh has been modified slightly to give more room for comfort. Both fits are available.

These may become available in custom.

Sounds very promising, looking forward to checking them out.

When do those "madras chambray" shirts look to drop?

This and the denim shirts are my most anticipated drops right now.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The monti cloth is more substantial/heavier and wrinkle less. But the Morargee "No name" fabrics are absolutely excellent. Very silky, smooth and soft. Incredibly comfortable to wear. I personally like the later better for business shirt.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The monti cloth is more substantial/heavier and wrinkle less. But the Morargee "No name" fabrics are absolutely excellent. Very silky, smooth and soft. Incredibly comfortable to wear. I personally like the later better for business shirt.

Thank you, Rick, this is very helpful. Sound like I need some of these Morargee shirts.

What is your opinion on the soft blue dress chambray? I would like something that can be dressed a little bit up (not to a formal level, just a blazer and a tie) or down.

https://www.spierandmackay.com/mtmpopup.php?i=6086

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nexalynanmeldelserno1