• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My need for new Oxfords went from a 4/10 to 8/10 this week as it cooled down outside. Can't wait :)

I've been shamelessly just rotating through the 3 I currently have for the last few weeks lol. Takes a mid week wash to keep the rotation going but it's been worth it.

tonster

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why do you love these Oxfords so much? Do you work in an office setting? Basically, should I be buying these shirts too? Haha.
I've been shamelessly just rotating through the 3 I currently have for the last few weeks lol. Takes a mid week wash to keep the rotation going but it's been worth it.

Last edited:

Pepetito

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why do you love these Oxfords so much? Do you work in an office setting? Basically, should I be buying these shirts too? Haha.

Great collar and fit me great off the rack. Great US conversion rate. That's pretty much the gist.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are my thoughts on them, speaking only of the oxford fabric Rick developed, and the design changes to the collar etc. Right now that would be the white, blue, ocean blue, and burgundy (most of the new fabrics are in the custom section for the upcoming drop)

I have owned oxfords across many brands, nothing crazy high end like Eton to compare to but stuff from Bonobos, J Crew, Brooks Brothers as well as a few others. I work in a business casual/ casual office so pretty much reach for oxfords/trousers, oxfords/chinos, oxford/jeans around 90% of the time.

The material is fantastic, it's a really great 3 season weight for me. Just stiff enough when you first get them to know that they are going to soften up amazingly over time but not too stiff it's annoying to wear before they break in. Overall construction of the shirts, like all of the SM shirts, is top notch. I like that the oxford line still has the lower button stance (pretty sure this is still the case with the incoming ones). Collars have that old school BB vibe with an amazing collar roll. The fit for me is pretty close to ideal in a 15.5 Contemp, I like my oxfords to fit with a bit more room as I like to wear them both tucked or untucked. If I were to go MTM I would take in the armhole a hair, lengthen the sleeve by .5, and maybe take in the waist .5". All very minor so I stick with OTR.

Unbeatable value all around for the $50 CAD or so per shirt, if Rick keeps making different oxfords I will have zero reason to be swayed to another brand for them and will likely buy almost anything that comes around. So yeah buy some for sure, as long as you aren't my size or faster than me hahaha.

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I spoke to Rick, he said going forward the button down shirts will not have a center pleat. I"ll wait until that release. I really dislike the center pleat.

I blame it on my colleague who is older and has never seen the inside of a gym. Basically muffin top

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I spoke to Rick, he said going forward the button down shirts will not have a center pleat. I"ll wait until that release. I really dislike the center pleat.

I blame it on my colleague who is older and has never seen the inside of a gym. Basically muffin top

No pleat fits more clean for sure, I have really liked that on the recent linen shirts and hope the upcoming denim shirts are also no pleat. For oxfords I do enjoy the pleat but I am sure I will love them without as well moving forward after this drop.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads