• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@spiermackay

are cocktail cuffs an option in MTM?

Dr-No-Turnback-Cuffs.jpg

But why? This is a new one to me. Might have read about "cocktail cuffs" years ago in a blog, yet forgotten, since they seem so impractical. Seems like all you're asking for is jacket sleeves which refuse to fall properly over the shirt cuff....

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But why? This is a new one to me. Might have read about "cocktail cuffs" years ago in a blog, yet forgotten, since they seem so impractical. Seems like all you're asking for is jacket sleeves which refuse to fall properly over the shirt cuff....

It seems like a good excuse to wear the watch over the cuff.

Spex

Reaction score
Cocktail cuffs, for your inner Bond.

https://www.bondsuits.com/cocktail-turnback-cuffs/

And for whoever asked about shirt features that help keep a collar up, I've found that a front placket is better for this. A french placket sometimes collapses under the weight of the collar. Also if you're going to wear the collar unbuttoned, you may consider a rounded collar band (where the top button is) vs squared off one. I think this was discussed on this thread ages ago, and someone may have posted photos. Finally (and Rick or Timothy might have input here), a collar band with heavier innerlining may help keep a collar up.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’ve called and left two messages with no response in two days. Is this typical?

When it's busy it can be difficult to answer the phones, especially towards to the weekends. Email is the better bet. If you have an urgent issues, pm me the issue and order#

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
#RoadTo2K 2018 was full of S&M additions. After recieving my first order in December 2017, I added a lot of stuff this year.

My first S&M suit:

tumblr_pa08p7kQ2Q1spqdezo1_500.jpg

Then these two jackets came in:
tumblr_pjl8vaQWIS1spqdezo1_500.jpg

tumblr_pjsio2ftjn1spqdezo1_540.jpg

My first suit in the Neapolitan cut
tumblr_pjqnlnJTZs1spqdezo1_540.jpg

Tobacco fresco and Brown & Gray check, plus fresco trousers:

tumblr_pgsorqx98V1rl2bvg_540.jpg

tumblr_phdtpcJuwi1rl2bvg_540.jpg

Second Neapolitan suit:
tumblr_pkewgoCsM71spqdezo1_500.jpg

And waiting for the beautiful rust check SC. Plus some other trousers, shirts and ties. It was a good year hehe. Hopefully, Mexico, meant good business to S&M!

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#RoadTo2K 2018 was full of S&M additions. After recieving my first order in December 2017, I added a lot of stuff this year.

My first S&M suit:

Second Neapolitan suit:

And waiting for the beautiful rust check SC. Plus some other trousers, shirts and ties. It was a good year hehe. Hopefully, Mexico, meant good business to S&M!
Great collection and photography as always!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, just mention in the comments or send an email to Renu.
Thanks. It'd be nice if all the options get added to the website.
Why not is the main reason. I've a fetish for turnback cuffs.

Spex posted the blog up there where I found them, and I think they look pretty cool.

If the blog is correct, then there should be no practical difference, just a stylistic difference.

teaegg

Reaction score

Trying to decide if I need the brown and grey check.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Though I dont own any and don’t have any burning desire to get some, I wouldn’t necessarily not get a shirt because of them- I guess I’m ambivalent towards them. That said, I don’t think they would get hung up on a jacket sleeve any more easily than French cuffs would.

My first S&M suit:

Second Neapolitan suit:

Didn’t realize you were in Mex City, if we ever do a TX meetup you should come on up!

Also, fantastic pics as always, love the Neo suits (I’m probably biased, since I have both of those).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy