• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good!

That's a good fit!

Thanks guys. Yeah I’m pretty lucky. I’ve have yet to alter an SM jacket. The 40 slim is totally fine OTR. This one feels slightly longer which is a welcome change.

Now to wait for the tobacco and gun check and try to make the hard decision on which 2 to keep.

alexiot13

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah I’m pretty lucky. I’ve have yet to alter an SM jacket. The 40 slim is totally fine OTR. This one feels slightly longer which is a welcome change.

Now to wait for the tobacco and gun check and try to make the hard decision on which 2 to keep.
Yeah, that is pretty lucky. I typically go for 42 slim and have a tailor shorten the sleeves and take in the waist/chest a touch.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious @spiermackay ,
Do you know how your team ships? Do they have a priority on time of purchase or something similar?

Just wondering because many times I purchased something let's say at 11:00AM today and then at 6PM later or even the next day, the later purchase ships first.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think for printed silk ties, anything resembling Cappelli or Shibumi is all the inspiration you need.

I tend to prefer more subtle patterns - neats, floral patterns, etc. in particular.

I've always loved this pattern (tie on the right):

View attachment 959591

I quite like the one on the left. That said, I prefer subtle patterns. I usually just have solids, stripes, or plaids, and I rarely wear patterns (tho I have a black and gold paisley tie I absolutely love). I do have a S&M Black Winchester Medallion tie that's baller as ****. Perfect length and width, ties nicely.

Tie width for me, 3"-3.25" is ideal.

@spiermackay ever gonna get silk knits or grenadines?

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a bit skinny for a guy your size IMO.

I'll cast another vote for 3.5 inch ties.
I've worn some 3.5" ties, but they always look really odd on me. My nicer ties tend to be 3.25" tho

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't yet purchased an SM tie. What width do they carry? 3.25 or 3.3 is just about perfect imo
I have two, both are pretty much dead on 3.25". They are very nice ties. They are a good size, but I prefer 3.5 to 3.625", so I will throw another vote to 3.5". Although I must say that, and I know I'm in the minority here, I prefer sewn patterns to printed patterns.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and aqua and brown check sport coat ordered along with a new Hober to go with it.

And two more khakis.

Can't wait for the upcoming linen and linen/cotton trousers as well.

One final thing: does anyone have in hand pics of the VBC brown texture suit or trousers? I'm still intrigued by this one...

Last edited:

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Oh, and aqua and brown check sport coat ordered along with a new Hober to go with it.

And two more khakis.

One final thing: does anyone have in hand pics of the VBC brown texture suit or trousers? I'm still intrigued by this one...

@BeraQueezy posted a pic several pages back.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here, that's next up on the list. Hopefully soon and I can make it a smooth 6 packages in the last 30 days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads