• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sorry, but I don't work here...

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
That gives me an idea... I'll do that next time and see how far i can take it
devil.gif

I'll let you guys know how it goes
biggrin.gif

myke

at least by the time you're in a dressing room banging someone in front of the 3 way mirror you don't have to worry about getting fired.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i kid you not, but back in my twenties, i had a few women come up to me to have me try on a coat or two for their 'brother' or 'friend' who is supposedly my size. i would try it on and they would ask me to twirl around and they would say 'hmmmm looks good on you. looks really hot on you...ooohh wow. nice buns if you dont mind me saying'.

would have been nice if they were younger women but it turned out most of them were elderly.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
I have also worked at a walgreens and no this is not their uniform wise-ass
plain.gif

It's pretty damn close to what they wear at the Walgreens near my office. Was just there this morning... just a different color.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
It's pretty damn close to what they wear at the Walgreens near my office. Was just there this morning... just a different color.

Your either lying or your blind. No walgreens employee including the manager wears a black 3 piece with a tie. Hell I never even saw a corporate member wear a 3 piece. these are the uniforms of walgreens

Walgreens_Superior_1.jpg

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your either lying or your blind. No walgreens employee including the manager wears a black 3 piece with a tie. Hell I never even saw a corporate member wear a 3 piece. these are the uniforms of walgreens

Walgreens_Superior_1.jpg

I could have sworn that your post said you were wearing black pants, vest, shirt and tie which sounds like it could be a uniform.

Didn't catch the Jacket until later.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
Does this ever happen to you?

It never fails... whenever I go browsing around at a store (Nordstrom's, Banana Republic, etc.) at the mall, people always come up to me and ask me questions like I work there.

myke

Happens to me sometimes, but I don't let it bother me enough to start a thread...
confused.gif

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just consider that the people who mistake you for sales staff are probably more embarrassed than you are.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coltboy75
It has happened to me, I usually try to give advice since the fellow behind the counter looks like he has no clue.

Exactly what I do too.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
...i had a few women come up to me to have me try on a coat or two for their 'brother' or 'friend' who is supposedly my size. ...would have been nice if they were younger women but it turned out most of them were elderly.
I've had women ask me to do this. Similar to you, they're usually older women who are trying to buy for their son or son-in-law who they think is my size.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Walgreens_Superior_1.jpg

Lighten up, Francis, and check out Bryan Burke, business graduate and proud Walgreen's intern.

bp0514focuse_323.jpg

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We were in the Gap on like 18th & 5th last weekend looking for some stuff for the boy and a couple walks in minutes after we'd walked in and started asking me for help. I think I scarred her for life. She and her husband walked away with a terrified look. It was awesome!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
in fact, i have done this to someone a couple of times.

i would ask someone a sales stock question but the guy would say sorry i dont work here, it was no prob im sure to him being mistook for a sales guy, but it enraged the hell out of me. like..why couldnt he be the sales guy working there??? i almost wanted to deck him out cold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads