• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solo birthday dinner in Toronto?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
So where did you go, tomgirl?
Hot Dog on a Stick.
hotdogonstick.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
Kyle, get your ass on a bus and take the girl for dinner!

Happy birthday Katie.

If I were ever in Toronto, I'd totally take Tgirl out for some chow. Wouldn't even try to boan her afterward.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
If I were ever in Toronto, I'd totally take Tgirl out for some chow. Wouldn't even try to boan her afterward.

its just a 9 hour ride you wuss. you blew it.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

because of sore weiner

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
laugh.gif

Sorry. I haven't eaten out much since being here, except for a couple not cheap, but unexceptional places in little italy.

Btw, do girls call people dude? Starting to think you'e a puppet again! Feel free to prove me wrong though!

I call everyone dude.

inlove.gif

I wish.

Srsly though, I actually ended up (after much personal debate) going out with a companion to Pizzeria Libretto on Ossington. Close to where I live and it was pretty good. Casual and fun.

Thanks for NOTHING, you guys.
angry.gif
(kidding!)

Avocat

Reaction score
Happy Belated!!

As to finding a great place to eat in T.O, like Chicago, they say that if you want, you can eat at a different restaurant every night and never have to hit the same place twice. A little over stated perhaps, but yeah, there are a gazillion places to choose from, and more popping up all the time. As to hipsters and vegans, ... .... .... trust you're making new friends, mate (it's a big city, over 3 million live in the place, with another 5 or so million within driving distance (toss in Upstate NY and Montreal ... hey, there's an idea: head out to Manhattan or Montreal for a night on the town, great fun to do when solo, and all your friends may wisen up and take you out on your special day or eat with you at least, sheesh).

Uh, as to places in T.O, what are you into? If you're just looking for a great meal, head out to Anthony's or the King Eddie downtown, or uptown to Yorkville (there's a resto in a house up there, steak and wine list is good (at least it used to be), then bop over to Yorkville proper for some martinis, etc. If it's low key you want, head east to the Beaches - a little place on Queen just east of Woodbine called Whitlocks, also good steak and a decent wine list. Can hang out with the hipsters after at one of the local pubs (tell your vegan friends they make good salads, and drag them along ... OR, can do the entertainment district, there's some great (and not so great) restos down there (all the rage/trendy thing, right?). If you like steak, Ruth Chris is there, then can head out to the clubs or whatever for a night club. All depends on what you want: fun to play tourist in one's own town and see what's what, I agree. There are also lots of piano bar/martini places, if prefer over a loud night club. Of course, can also head over to the theatre district and take in a show, or do anything you want - it's your special night, afterall (and hope it was fun).

Cheers

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
I call everyone dude.

inlove.gif

I wish.

Srsly though, I actually ended up (after much personal debate) going out with a companion to Pizzeria Libretto on Ossington. Close to where I live and it was pretty good. Casual and fun.

angry.gif
(kidding!)

Was it real pizza? How was it? I go to a couple hole in the wall mexican places a couple blocks from ossington/bloor. It's not near where I live, per say, but it's on the way home and it's cheap and pretty good (for what it is), so i stop there when i don't feel like cooking (a lot lately) or have no food.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think eating alone is one of the most romantic things in the world, in a 1931 Paris Henry Miller kind of way. It is a lost art. I approve of your decision.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
[...]

angry.gif
(kidding!)

Hey, if I remember correctly, I suggested Pizza.
I demand recognition! Alternatively, I'll take a Libretto pizza
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads