• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solo birthday dinner in Toronto?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you pay for a plane ticket and dinner i will send my own sock puppet. just for you

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Aha! How would you know it's her birthday if she weren't your sock puppet? Plus, only her puppet-master could know for sure that she's a puppet.

lol LD... I haven't had a sock puppet here or anywhere else, and I don't think I'm evolved enough to have one.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
lol LD... I haven't had a sock puppet here or anywhere else, and I don't think I'm evolved enough to have one.

It does seem to be a task that requires opposable thumbs.

Brosef

Reaction score
Is this thread a cry for help? Are you looking for someone to soothe your pain, maybe sympathize a bit? I don't see any other reason here.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What's so bad about having dinner by yourself. Put on a nice dress and go enjoy yourself. Hell, you're likely to get picked up anyway. I'm sure there will be a midget who is just dying for the company of a "slightly" taller lady.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
What's so bad about having dinner by yourself. Put on a nice dress and go enjoy yourself. Hell, you're likely to get picked up anyway. I'm sure there will be a midget who is just dying for the company of a "slightly" taller lady.

Please, Tomgirl only gets hit on by homeless dudes and me.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
this is kwilk's chance!!!

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
kwilkinson i can do a proxie for you if you want
tomgirl i dont know if you are new to the city but check out panorama (bay and bloor) food is good not great but the best view of the city i know it says lounge but its realy a restaurant ,good steak.
http://www.eatertainment.com/restaurants/panorama/

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
kwilkinson i can do a proxie for you if you want
tomgirl i dont know if you are new to the city but check out panorama (bay and bloor) food is good not great but the best view of the city i know it says lounge but its realy a restaurant ,good steak.
http://www.eatertainment.com/restaurants/panorama/

Thanks man but I don't need a proxy. She sends me a fresh pair every third Wednesday. Just got my new one today!

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
Ah, yes, happy birthday, socky.

For some reason I thought you were (supposed to be) from Alberta.
Anyway, how about some pizza?

From Alberta originally, but currently residing in Toronto. Probably the reason I have no one awesome to go out to dinner with, yet!

Originally Posted by GQgeek
this is what I do for my birthday, but I'm greedy and need two to be satisfied.
bigstar[1].gif

TG, why do you hang out with hipsters? =/

FYI I eat alone all the time but usually a cheap place. Long meals at expensive restaurants are better with company. You get to try more dishes and good conversation makes the meal much more enjoyable.

Dude wtf, you didn't even give me a suggestion. The hipster thing was hyperbolized slightly. Just slightly, though.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
From Alberta originally, but currently residing in Toronto. Probably the reason I have no one awesome to go out to dinner with, yet!

Dude wtf, you didn't even give me a suggestion. The hipster thing was hyperbolized slightly. Just slightly, though.

laugh.gif

Sorry. I haven't eaten out much since being here, except for a couple not cheap, but unexceptional places in little italy.

Btw, do girls call people dude? Starting to think you'e a puppet again! Feel free to prove me wrong though!

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
laugh.gif

Sorry. I haven't eaten out much since being here, except for a couple not cheap, but unexceptional places in little italy.

Btw, do girls call people dude? Starting to think you'e a puppet again! Feel free to prove me wrong though!

i dont know of one,actually one but she looks like a dude

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Kyle, get your ass on a bus and take the girl for dinner!

Happy birthday Katie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads