• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice collection
worship.gif
You got alot for what you spent. I would love to get those Grenson chukka boots.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both those Grensons look great! Do they seem to be well made? Comfortable?

Doral

Reaction score
Loake 758 dark brown, suede wingtips, goodyeart welt. I purchased these from Pediwear for 88.69 + 28.50 for shipping for a total of 117.19 GBP which came to $166.83 + $1.67 currency conversion fee for a total of $168.50. The purchase came with free shoe trees a silk tie and some black shoe polish. I would have prefered some suede conditioner or cleaner in place of the shoe polish, however, I am still satisfied with the purchase. Tie is a "Soprano Exclusive." I have never heard of them. Maybe Holdfast or another of our brothers from jolly old England can provide us with details about the quality etc. Pediwear shipped them on February 27 and I received them on March 12 about 14 days.
DSC00009.jpg
DSC00003.jpg
DSC00001.jpg
DSC00002.jpg

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$320 for those two is an insane deal on the Grensons. I paid about $238 for my Radleys, shipped, and thought that was a great deal.

Saenek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
Nice collection
worship.gif
You got alot for what you spent. I would love to get those Grenson chukka boots.

Thanks, I've always liked shoes, it just took SF and alot of web browsing to start pointing me in the right direction.

Originally Posted by william
Both those Grensons look great! Do they seem to be well made? Comfortable?

I haven't worn them yet, it's been cold/rainy in Houston since I got em, but they look very well made. We'll see how they age after a few wearing/polishings, but I have high hopes. I don't have any other comparable shoes to give you a judgement but for the price I'm very satisfied, it's like one pair of AE's at retail.

Saenek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
$320 for those two is an insane deal on the Grensons. I paid about $238 for my Radleys, shipped, and thought that was a great deal. I'd love to learn how you managed so well.

Ebay seller, retailtherapy4all I believe, had them for about 109-110 pounds each. She deduced VAT for me, and then combined shipping, it came out to about 220-230 GBP in total. I have the current exchange rate to thank for that, I couldn't have gone on this shoe binge without it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Rick Owens black snakeskin boots
docuday.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You should have gotten the black snakeskin heels...

Mdme. Fumma you know that at 6'2" I need no more height.
And since I'm already tall it just looks more drag/******.

IMG00004.jpg

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the little butterfly on the sole just a Bottega thing?

Bottega Veneta shoesies:
BV1.jpg

BV4.jpg

BV2.jpg

BV3.jpg

BV5.jpg

BV6.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Is the little butterfly on the sole just a Bottega thing?

They did it JUST for you since you're a big ole Mary.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
That's rich, coming from the Duchess of ****!

For every king a crown.

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
As today was shoe polishing day I thought I'd post some pictures of my shoe collection

First, the "browns". Left-to-right, starting with the back row: A pair of ten-year old Church's Brisbane, for walking through muddy fields in; Berluti TatouÃ
00a9.png
s monkstrap in a mid-tan; Berluti TatouÃ
00a9.png
wholecut brogued oxfords in a light antique tan; EG Beaulieu on the 606 last in dark oak; EG Lommond on the 82 last in burgundy; Berluti TatouÃ
00a9.png
s wholecut oxfords in a dark tan; Vass Budapest Oxford on the U-last in oxblood; Berluti TatouÃ
00a9.png
s wholecut oxfords in dark purple.

DSC_1639.jpg

Some close-ups of the Vass (amazing shoes and amazing value):

DSC_1651.jpg

As I know there are a lot of people on this forum who disparage Berluti (I agree that they are overpriced, but at the same time I get more pure joy from wearing many of their shoes than from any others) I thought I'd post a few close-ups.

First of all some seven-year-old brogued oxfords (amazing condition - certainly these have lasted better than more recent pairs):

DSC_1641.jpg

DSC_1661.jpg

Next, some four-year-old dark oxford wholecuts (a lot of wear):

DSC_1654.jpg

I also wanted to share these burgundy EG Lommond boots, on the 82 last:

DSC_1662.jpg

Next, the black shoes (I only wear black shoes during the week so these see a lot of wear). From left-to-right, starting with the back row: Foster & Son monkstrap; Foster & Son oxford punched cap; New & Lingwood oxford punched cap; New & Lingwood oxford plain cap; G&G Hayes on MH71 last, with added diamond punched cap; EG Elmsley on the 888 last; Vass Old English oxford on the U-last; EG Berkeley on the 202 last:

DSC_1667.jpg

Some shots of the GGs (easily my favourite work shoes):
DSC_1677.jpg

DSC_1678.jpg

The Vass oxfords:
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...n/DSC_1674.jpg

The Berkeleys (showing wear):
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...n/DSC_1668.jpg

Sorry for the long post

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Mdme. Fumma you know that at 6'2" I need no more height.
And since I'm already tall it just looks more drag/******.

I dunno, on a short guy it looks like "Hi, I need all the help I can get" and on a tall one it's more "**** you I'm wearing heels". I like the later better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads