• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RUSH ADVICE: Best Dress Watch Under $1500

TBSDSpaniard

Reaction score
Define dress?
For a special occasion, or conservative business dress?
Do you want an understated complication?....if so, Longiness has a similar model with a power reserve as well.

Chronographs are a bit sporty IMHO, although I wear one everday - and have no problem with it, although some might.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread; does the recommendation for Longines still hold? Any other recommendations? I'm considering the Master Automatic, 36mm size (6 1/4" thin wrist, dislike cut-off numerals on the bigger sizes). Crappy pics How about their Flagship collection? Similar size, costs about half for stainless and can get gold for a little more than the Master.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic looks the exact same as the second at half the price, might want to take a peek at that.

Or its sexier cousin the chronograph.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My suggestions for a decent dress watch:

Stowa Antea,
Archimede Arcadia (if you like them bigger)
Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic,
Oris Artellier small seconds,
and if you have a few more dollars to top up the Sinn 6060 Frankfurt Three Time Zone.

arc

Reaction score
The second one you linked there is a decent choice. I've always been partial to the Longines Le Grande Classique for a dress watch though.
31trzixrQFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41OmIjUpTML._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Very Simple, very elegant, very affordable.

JN41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Resurrecting an old thread; does the recommendation for Longines still hold? Any other recommendations?

I'm considering the Master Automatic, 36mm size (6 1/4" thin wrist, dislike cut-off numerals on the bigger sizes).

Crappy pics

How about their Flagship collection? Similar size, costs about half for stainless and can get gold for a little more than the Master.

Of those two, I think the second is much nicer looking.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan9
Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic looks the exact same as the second at half the price, might want to take a peek at that. Or its sexier cousin the chronograph.
Looks good, price is certainly right. Will take a look.
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
My suggestions for a decent dress watch: Stowa Antea, Archimede Arcadia (if you like them bigger) Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, Oris Artellier small seconds, and if you have a few more dollars to top up the Sinn 6060 Frankfurt Three Time Zone.
Sinn looks very nice, I'd like a white face though. Probably too expensive as well..
Originally Posted by arc
The second one you linked there is a decent choice. I've always been partial to the Longines Le Grande Classique for a dress watch though.
31trzixrQFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41OmIjUpTML._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Very Simple, very elegant, very affordable.

Will consider the top one, looks good, thin, not too pricey. I don't know about the funky lug on the bottom. Thanks for suggestions all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads