• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where the modified toe can be seen?

Hello, may I know where I can see the RTW collection? I browsed the gallery in their website but no clue whether those are RTW or MTO?
Thank you.

Wow, seriously gorgeous shoes! Just try and stop me from ordering a pair of RTW Mavericks! Just need to find out how they would fit!

You can find a complete buyer's guide on my blog here. The Mavericks I ordered with the modified last are shown there, and also show the original almond toe last next to my pair that Riccardo rounded of. Also pics of all his RTW-models, and last comparison.

Regarding sizing you can send him your measurements and tell him some other brands and lasts that fit you well, and he'll know you're size in the RTW-lasts. I know that Spiga 3 will include a comparison between what some people wear in Bestettis lasts, compared to what they wear in many other known makers lasts, when they start selling the shoes online in a couple of months.

Also stores selling his RTW can order pretty much any model as store-RTW (similar to Carmina for example, where stores have their own versions of different models). That's why Spiga 3 can stock the Maverick on the Classic round last instead of the almond toe-last that goes as RTW if you order directly from Bestetti.

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the two Bestetti's Novecento models I am considering doing for my firsts with Ricardo. The Chukka and the 'York' Balmoral.

Any idea what last these are? Obviously chiseled but are they regular chiseled or the Perfetta?

Whats the best way to find out what leathers he stocks for my choices? Just looking around on his website/blog?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are the two Bestetti's Novecento models I am considering doing for my firsts with Ricardo. The Chukka and the 'York' Balmoral. Any idea what last these are? Obviously chiseled but are they regular chiseled or the Perfetta? Whats the best way to find out what leathers he stocks for my choices? Just looking around on his website/blog?
Excellent choices! They are most certainly both on the classic square last. He revisited it a bit recently, so the new version is a bit longer with a smaller squared part at the front. He wasn't entirely pleased with the pretty wide squared toe on the original classic square last, and this new looks much nicer IMO. Perfetta is a bit more extreme and narrow toed. Regarding leathers, well the "problem" is with Novecento he can do whatever you want.. In both calf leather and hatch grain he is using crust leathers, so he colors them by hand. So you can check his tumblr and see a color you like, or send pics of a color on another makers shoes and ask if he can do that. He will most certainly say "No problem, I'll fix!" :)

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks as always! And I have to add your "kopguide" is extremely useful. Bestetti should have a link to it on his website to help people in making orders...

dlind

Reaction score
  • j ingevaldsson is the man! His blog first got me hocked on Vass and now there is bestetti as well, this isn't gonna end well for my poor bank account.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

• j ingevaldsson is the man! His blog first got me hocked on Vass and now there is bestetti as well, this isn't gonna end well for my poor bank account.
Yeap, same here, I read his guide extensively before buying.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

These are the two Bestetti's Novecento models I am considering doing for my firsts with Ricardo. The Chukka and the 'York' Balmoral. Any idea what last these are? Obviously chiseled but are they regular chiseled or the Perfetta? Whats the best way to find out what leathers he stocks for my choices? Just looking around on his website/blog?
That hatchgrain galosh is gorgeous.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

j-ingevaldsson = head Bestetti enabler...you heard it here first. I love his western boot style pegged waists.

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks as always! And I have to add your "kopguide" is extremely useful. Bestetti should have a link to it on his website to help people in making orders...

Yeap, same here, I read his guide extensively before buying.
j-ingevaldsson = head Bestetti enabler...you heard it here first.

I love his western boot style pegged waists.

Thanks a lot guys! I'm glad you find the buyer's guides useful.

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems easier to peg a narrow waist than to blind welt sewn.

You're absolutely right. If you want a very slim waist, pegging is easier since you don't need the welt in the waist area. It's possible to achieve similar narrow waist with 270° welt stich as well, but that's harder.

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were none on his blog which is where I got the photo.

I intend to order this model though so when I get around to it I will ask him if he has pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads