• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice shoes Ingevaldsson! Congratulations!

Thank you very much!

Shouldn't a pair of Bestettis look good between your amazing pairs from Saint Crispin's, Edward Green, G&G and others..?
nod[1].gif

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the cross between almond round and classic round. Would love to explore working with Bestetti remotely for semi-bespoke. After I received all my other current orders... :(

gusvs

Reaction score

Thank you very much!

Shouldn't a pair of Bestettis look good between your amazing pairs from Saint Crispin's, Edward Green, G&G and others..? 
nod%5B1%5D.gif

They certainly would, and probably will :)

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post: Snapped some photos of my recently acquired Noveceno Mavericks this evening, and thought I might as well go ahead and share. It's in indoor lightning, after some wear, and with more focus on details than the pics I posted last week, so something a bit new at least. I can tell you that they are definitely the most comfortable shoes I own, the break in period was about five minutes (and I have really sensitive feet), they fit like gloves, and are both stable and soft at the same time.

Last edited:

bozzkeren

Reaction score
@j ingevaldsson

congratz on your purchase, novecento maverick is the nicest model from bestetti line, very classic with italian twist
btw i read on your blog, there is RTW goodyear in the future, did Mr. Bestetti told you when it's gonna be available?

i'm hoping for some comparation between bestetti novecento with your MTO meccariello for sure
mwink[1].gif

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Curious...when did Bestetti start offering RTW Goodyear welted shoes?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@j ingevaldsson

congratz on your purchase, novecento maverick is the nicest model from bestetti line, very classic with italian twist
btw i read on your blog, there is RTW goodyear in the future, did Mr. Bestetti told you when it's gonna be available?

i'm hoping for some comparation between bestetti novecento with your MTO meccariello for sure 
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks! He didn't say exactly, and don't think he know for sure himself when everything will be ready, but I'd say during the first half of next year.

Curious...when did Bestetti start offering RTW Goodyear welted shoes?

See above. He hasn't started offering those yet, but he now has RTW and MTO Blake and MTO Goodyear (which is hand welted and so will the RTW be, but those Italians keep calling it Goodyear anyway) and the semi-bespoke line Novecento, which is made to the same standard as his bespoke shoes but with just modifications to existing lasts. It does include test shoes and everything though.

His RTW is essentially made when ordered as well though, it's just a couple of stores in South Korea and Tokyo who actually have Bestettis in stock.

Any detailed close up pictures for the welt stitching, waist, pegging, and the joint between waist and heel?

Don't have the lense I took the photos above with me anymore, but can take some photos of that with my other (not that proper) lense this weekend.

Last edited:

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks! He didn't say exactly, and don't think he know for sure himself when everything will be ready, but I'd say during the first half of next year.
MTO Goodyear (which is hand welted and so will the RTW be, but those Italians keep calling it Goodyear anyway)

I wondered. Which is not Goodyear at all despite the misunderstanding and perhaps even wrong-headedness (IMO) of those who persist. And a good example of why using Traditional and correct terminology is important--ie. communication.

Thanks

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wondered. Which is not Goodyear at all despite the misunderstanding and perhaps even wrong-headedness (IMO) of those who persist. And a good example of why using Traditional and correct terminology is important--ie. communication.

Thanks

Yeah exactly. It seems to be an Italian thing more or less, they are afaik the only one's doing it. But there pretty much everyone does it, Enzo Bonafe, Paolo Scafora, Bestetti, all hand welted RTW/MTO-shoes are called Goodyear welted. It's like the Goodyear word is so associated with quality there that they even prefer using it before hand welted. But for example Bestetti realise that it's only in Italy it works that way, cause every time he mentions Goodyear to others outside Italy he writes (hand welted) afterwards.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah exactly. It seems to be an Italian thing more or less, they are afaik the only one's doing it. But there pretty much everyone does it, Enzo Bonafe, Paolo Scafora, Bestetti, all hand welted RTW/MTO-shoes are called Goodyear welted. It's like the Goodyear word is so associated with quality there that they even prefer using it before hand welted. But for example Bestetti realise that it's only in Italy it works that way, cause every time he mentions Goodyear to others outside Italy he writes (hand welted) afterwards.

Thanks for the explanation. I understand why Bestetti is qualifying the description because, IMO, Goodyear is no more associated with quality than cement construction or Blake or Blake Rapid...and well behind hand welted.

It's good to know that however because conflating the two terms creates confusion and, I suspect, even a little uncertainty.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@j ingevaldsson Fantastic Shoes, congrats

Talking of the misleading Goodyear term use, the real reason is that here in Italy the correct transaltion for handwelted term is "guardolo (welt) cucito a mano (handsewn)" , it's long to pronounce and very difficult to understand for common customers being the word guardolo a technic word, unknow to most.

"Goodyear cucito a mano" or "Goodyear a mano" it's the more common way to explain this construction to that large part of customers that come to artisanal shoes from good factory made shoes and with a basic knowledge.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@j ingevaldsson Fantastic Shoes, congrats

Talking of the misleading Goodyear term use, the real reason is that here in Italy the correct transaltion for handwelted term is "guardolo (welt) cucito a mano (handsewn)" , it's long to pronounce and very difficult to understand for common customers being the word guardolo a technic word, unknow to most.

"Goodyear cucito a mano" or "Goodyear a mano" it's the more common way to explain this construction to that large part of customers that come to artisanal shoes from good factory made shoes and with a basic knowledge.

Thanks for that because a lot of Italian shoemakers also use "hand made" or "hand sewn" as an addition and write it inside the shoes in pen.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey friends here is the skin of my next Gladietor Bespoke Bestetti. It is French calf.

At the end I told Bestetti not finish my shape because I was still undecided on the tip. I did not know if it square or round. But in the end I will make the chisel tip.

And how colors instead I kept the ones I had decided. That cognac and whiskey.

I look forward to the finished shape is to try the shoe test. So I can update on the developments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads