• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

kris van assche charcoal shorts
21134M045001_1_1.jpg

robert geller grey dock t-shirt
21215M041002_1_2.jpg

robert geller 70's wash jeans
21215M021001_1_2.jpg

kris van assche sneakers
21134M050009_1_1.jpg

golly gee willickers, this is not a great item to have purchased.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
LOL!!!

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I need a new navy blazer.  My current one is becoming too small for me.

I wear a blazer every now and then in my day-to-day wardrobe; also there are certain social settings in which a blazer + wool slacks, or some other similar combo, is apropos or even required.

How old are you? Early twenties? Aren't there times when you're not dressed up in formal clothes? I'm not trying to chase you out or anything, but I guess I'm just really perplexed as to why you spend your time in SW&D when it seems pretty clear that anything style-related at all, for you, seems to invariably wind up fitting in much more with the MC side of this forum.

Style is aspirational; there's always an ideal (form) that we're trying to access. What exactly are you trying to do? where do you want to end up? and why does this aspiration seek the approval of a crowd so different from where you're always aiming? It's like, for user CDHagg, style is just a tautology for masochism.

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Well, first of all, a navy blazer is a very useful and versatile item. The wool navy blazer that I currently have has always been a little small, and the problem is getting worse as I lift weights and add muscle.

Haha, I promise you that my posting in SW&D is not masochistic! I really don't enjoy all the hate I get. The fits I post here are the stuff that I wear day-to-day, so SW&D seems more appropriate for that. Plus, while I often get a lot of hate, I sometimes get useful bits of advice - which is the main reason I post fits.

Concerning my sense of style... I appreciate many different types of looks, but I really only utilize a couple of genres. I suppose that, because of my background and upbringing, I've always looked up to a "refined" style of dress (the definition of "refined," of course, is in a way subjective, because what I regard as "refined" is based largely upon my own experiences and subconscious leanings). I really like a good suit, and I'm willing to spend top-dollar on a suit even though I don't wear them much. I respect and look up to (and perhaps also aspire to become) businessmen and attornies and whatnot - the type of people who wear suits every day - because I (somewhat subconsciously) view their place in society as being better than other's, and aspiration-worthy. This is pretty much an ingrained part of who I am. Because of this, I almost always prefer a collared shirt, and I only wear a tee/henley/something else when I know that a collared shirt (regardless of the collar type) would be out of place. I think I have a certain aversion to anything too "casual," as I am always trying to look a little "nicer" than other people. My friends, most of whom have no sense of style, often remark that I "look nice." I think that, due to the experiences and normalities and history of Western society, most people of a Western culture would say that I "look nicer" than my peers.

I have been trying to incorporate more casual items of clothing into my wardrobe. As my sense of style evolves, I think I am beginning to understand that I would do well to look more casual on certain occasions. I guess this casual look I'm developing is sort of #menswear. It still harkens back to the traditional modes of dress of the 1800s and 1900s - which, as I've said, I look up to. (E.g. lately I've been wearing chinos + tee + sneakers, instead of the usual chinos + OCBD + Bluchers).

The other genre of dress that I've been playing around with is sort of a minimalist Dior/rocker look

Black and white color palet, understated, slightly "rocker." I think this look appeals to me because it is something of a manifestation of my darker side. I think it's a cool look, and I like wearing it to parties and stuff, but I wouldn't really feel comfortable being a Dior rocker as a normal mode of dress, day to day, just going about my life. It's the look I break out when I want some extra swag, and/or am feeling like a bad boy (nawmsayn).

So, yeah... sorry for the OCD response.
shog[1].gif
It's just clothing. My sense of will change naturally, and since it's an organic and analog process, I'm not too concerned about it. My likes and dislikes will change, and I'll change my clothing to match. C'est la vie!

BTW, check out my other recent purchases. No blazers here!

J. Lindeberg

Shades of Grey

W+H
Quote:

Blazer to small? must have finally hit 5% BF.
Ya dood, it's terrible being 5% and overweight. I've been doing the scarf-and-barf method to get back down to 2%. Eventually, I hope to hit 0.5%!

Iyoume

Reaction score

I need a new navy blazer.  My current one is becoming too small for me.

I wear a blazer every now and then in my day-to-day wardrobe; also there are certain social settings in which a blazer + wool slacks, or some other similar combo, is apropos or even required.

EDIT: @Iyoume, I pay for all my own clothing.  Please refrain from making snarky comments.

lulz? I think you took my comment completely out of context. I wasn't saying your parents pay for your clothing, let me explain it to you:

I was mocking your purchases by sarcastically suggesting that thewho13 just didn't "get" it

Can't believe you've never seen the fresh prince, what is this world coming to?

Last edited:

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Style is aspirational; there's always an ideal (form) that we're trying to access.

I dunno man I've never had an 'ideal form' I just buy good **** and it tends to work out. Not a matter of making ideal real, but of some organic / ongoing development. I guess what I'm saying is end goals are overrated, at least as far as a wardrobe is concerned.

Last edited:

TWorksheets

Reaction score

How do you size them ?

Whatever you do, do not use any of the size charts on their website. I'm a true size 9 and size 40 is the best fit for me (slightly wide foot), which as you can see makes no ******* sense according to their size chart.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads