Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. acularw

acularw Senior member

2. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

It's ironic how I was originally attracted to Attachment for the dressier looks since I recently needed some clothes for a business presentation. Attachment offered more workable options in this area than brands like DBSS or Julius, yet was not far removed from my exiting style.

Is this the KK Attachment knitted blazer you're talking about?

No, this thing was like a washed canvas/wool that was incredibly think, almost hemp-like feature and was insane, I'll see if I can get pictures of it some how, I'll do a little bit of research this week and pm you if I can track it down.

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Well ok, but I wouldn't go quite that far. There is definitely cohesion within each DBSS season. I own a lot of pieces by them and frequently I see cases where the only thing that makes a fit look right is to add another DBSS piece to the fit.

Just because they choose to adopt a somewhat wider range within each collection than many other labels does not mean there is no cohesion. Often I wonder if some designers that look overly cohesive are actually taking the easy route by keeping everything within narrow bounds. The wider range present in each DBSS collection is part of their signature look, yet there's still an underlying style present that holds it together.

I'll totally defer to you, you definitely know what you're talking about and are way more experienced with the brand. Most of my DBSS experiences are online in various places, I've only seen pieces IRL 1 or 2 times.

As someone who's putting together a sketch portfolio, making a collection feel diverse but unified is one of the toughest elements of design, and I have no idea what the correct amount of cohesion is. I feel like Geller uses his runway shows to really push the brand as a whole by using common styling techniques (e.g. the ubiquitous multipurpose scarves, or those gauzy necktie things) to connect pieces as disparate as the lace-cuff coat and the hooded bomber. Or something.

4. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Pick up of the year:

[​IMG]

5. connor

connor Senior member

who the fuck MS Paints all these mixtape covers

6. puddin

puddin Senior member

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kiminori Morishita oxfords to tide me over while I ponder if my quarterly bonus will be enough to cover the jacket I just bought and if we are getting a holiday bonus that might cover some carpe diem boots.

Counter intuitive spending money to figure out if I have the money to afford stuff I've bought and hope to buy, but it seems to work. Curse you SZ classified section.

Those are really nice. Love morishita clothing. Haven't seen a lot of his footwear but those are nice laceups. Good luck with the bonus. Hope you can get some cdiem boots

8. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Those are really nice. Love morishita clothing. Haven't seen a lot of his footwear but those are nice laceups. Good luck with the bonus. Hope you can get some cdiem boots

Thanks [​IMG] Good luck to you as well in future acquisitions!

9. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

[​IMG] Ervell short sleeve "sweatshirt" for $13 shipped why not

10. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

[​IMG]
    Ervell short sleeve "sweatshirt"
    for $13 shipped why not

where at? i think i paid $40 for mine and i liked it.

11. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Gilt, it was $38 and I had a $25 credit and free shipping.

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

pediwear emailed me back like 4 days later and said the C+J's I ordered are on backorder for like 8--9 weeks. [​IMG] This has never happened to me before; granted, I hardly ever buy anything, but [​IMG] I am having a terrible evening so far.

13. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Drew, the shoes you want are solid. It's funny how you can go for years wtihout really wearing suits and dress shoe and now that wait is unbearable [​IMG]. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I don't think I could possibly wish harder that I was a size 44 ;p Unless you think a size 50 wouldn't just destroy it.

15. Desi

Desi Senior member

I am literally in the realm of no money. It hurts so bad, living off spicy humus.