Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

I love the glow Balenciagas, shoulda pulled the trigger.
    o well

2. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Both of which are on my kop list. Tempted to start buying Polo again like my childhood (0)
    I'd be happy with an all Polo wardrobe.
    +1. i am.
    Is ppllzz's RL insanity becoming contagious?! I'd be happy with a 100% Attachment wardrobe myself. But maybe a year from now my opinion will have changed yet again.

3. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Is ppllzz's RL insanity becoming contagious?! I'd be happy with a 100% Attachment wardrobe myself. But maybe a year from now my opinion will have changed yet again.
    I think you should stick with it, but look into some of the more tailored pieces ex KKA. It would look fucking cool on you. Edit: I jsut like Polo for the childhood nostalgia in it.

4. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

The glow Balenciagas were on Yoox? For how much?

~$240 CAD , if you're a 45 in CPs you can still kop.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Depends which CPs. Achilles mid? 45. Everything else? 44.

6. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

I think you should stick with it, but look into some of the more tailored pieces ex KKA. It would look fucking cool on you.

Edit: I jsut like Polo for the childhood nostalgia in it.

lol junya looks like polo with ugly camo prints

7. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

For the price of three eh pairs of sneakers you could have copped one really good pair Hartmann.

8. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I think you should stick with it, but look into some of the more tailored pieces ex KKA. It would look fucking cool on you.

I've bought a couple KKA pieces which are basically fancy long sleeve t-shirts and the cut is incredible on them. It really surprised me since I normally hate LS tees. (Often a single color covering every inch of your skin looks unflattering and bland, but with a SS tee at least your bare arms nearly provide a second color/texture.) Yet somehow all the extra seaming on the KKA LS shirts elevates the fit to nearly that of a button down, making me forget how I dislike LS tees.

I might try some of the KKA outwear pieces in the future. However, often KKA tends to look more formal and stuffy-- nearly a European sensibility which I tend to feel uncomfortable wearing in more casual settings. Whereas nothing in the main Attachment line makes me feel this way.

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I've got a couple of offers via PM (sorry if I don't respond immediately, busy this week), so will likely let the jacket go. Short sleeves bother me just a bit too much

I dunno if the jacket posted is one of yours (is it?) so it is not an attack against your work (fit issues rarely are anyway, not everyone looks good in everything)

As mentioned, it was bought used and not sized properly - for the record, the piece I bought direct from ToJ fits perfectly

10. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I've bought a couple KKA pieces which are basically fancy long sleeve t-shirts and the cut is incredible on them. It really surprised me since I normally hate LS tees. (Often a single color covering every inch of your skin looks unflattering and bland, but with a SS tee at least your bare arms nearly provide a second color/texture.) Yet somehow all the extra seaming on the KKA LS shirts elevates the fit to nearly that of a button down, making me forget how I dislike LS tees.

I might try some of the KKA outwear pieces in the future. However, often KKA tends to look more formal and stuffy-- nearly a European sensibility which I tend to feel uncomfortable wearing in more casual settings. Whereas nothing in the main Attachment line makes me feel this way.

I can totally see where you are coming from, I just was thinking of this one blazer that I tried on from this season that is a fucking magnificent washed cotton/wool blend and was knotted and woven so it had the most insane and intense fit, it was fucking artwork. You do a lot of casual and I understand totally, style is style but I think you have what it takes to incorporate the grunge you do with the elegance of it. (I use grunge lightly)

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Nicelynice: What are the length measurements on your DR jacket vs. the other leather with the pockets? In your comparison picture you appear to be implying the lengths on those two jackets are about the same. However, when I quickly use a photo manipulation program to increase the length of the sleeves on the DR, it becomes obvious that the DR is likely a noticeably shorter jacket. (since the distance between the bottom hem on jacket's body vs. the bottom hem of the sleeves becomes far greater visually).

It's just the way that jackets are sitting in that picture, actually - the ToJ is still a bit stiff, whereas the Dior is four years old and has been worn hard and drapes a bit more naturally. The Dior is longer by like half an inch

12. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

For the price of three eh pairs of sneakers you could have copped one really good pair Hartmann.
    I'm not baller enough, sorry dude.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

nice piece, i don't think kunk's voice has any more weight than anyone else's on here so enjoy