• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have any iron heart xhs? If so, would love to hear a comparison
I don't.

If it helps, I have The Strike Gold SG 7104 & SG 9903. I love all three, but they are very different. The SG7104 are very slubby but tapered. The Samurai and SG9903 are very hard, thick, higher-rise and straight leg, but not as slubby. I am still breaking in the Samurai. It's going to be a while. 😆

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't.

If it helps, I have The Strike Gold SG 7104 & SG 9903. I love all three, but they are very different. The SG7104 are very slubby but tapered. The Samurai and SG9903 are very hard, thick, higher-rise and straight leg, but not as slubby. I am still breaking in the Samurai. It's going to be a while. 😆
Never owned strike gold. These days it's IH, Samurai and then Stevenson Overall for the lightweight stuff

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

MERZ B. SCHWANEN SUPER DUPER HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS & LOOPWHEELED UNDERWEAR​

Here we have the heaviest weight loopwheeled t-shirt ever produced, made by Merz B. Schwanen. These have a wild feel and look to them. These t-shirts are soft, sturdy, and have an absolutely beautiful loopwheel knit pattern which has a unique slub yarn look to it. Truly a masterpiece of a t-shirt and now available In seven colors.

We've also received new 215 model army green t-shirts and fresh restocks of their loopwheeled underwear in all colors.

Shop Merz B. Schwanen Online: https://www.selfedge.com/merz-b-schwanen
Merz_b._Schwanen_Super_Duper_Heavyweight_T-Shirt_14oz_White_2S14.01-1-680x1025.jpg

Merz_b._Schwanen_Super_Duper_Heavyweight_T-Shirt_14oz_White_2S14.01-4-265x400.jpg

Merz_b._Schwanen_Super_Duper_Heavyweight_T_Shirt_Natural-001-680x1025.jpg

Merz_b._Schwanen_Super_Duper_Heavyweight_T-Shirt_14oz_Charcoal_2S14.98-1-680x1025.jpg

Merz_b._Schwanen_Super_Duper_Heavyweight_T-Shirt_14oz_Ink_Blue_2S14.66-1-680x1025.jpg

merz_army_pkt_tee_xlarge_01-680x1025.jpg

MERZ_B._SCHWANEN_LOOPWHEELED_BOXER_BRIEF_UNDERWEAR_INK_BLUE_255.66-01-680x1025.jpg

MERZ_B._SCHWANEN_LOOPWHEELED_BOXER_BRIEF_UNDERWEAR_BLACK_255.99-01-680x1025.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

3SIXTEEN COTTON & LINEN KNIT T-SHIRTS​

Knit cotton and linen blend short sleeve t-shirts from 3sixteen are back in a new Natural Marled color. We’ve really been looking forward to this release since 3sixteen showed us samples last year. These things are essential for our spring fits and pair very well with a well worn pair of jeans.

Shop 3sixteen Online: https://www.selfedge.com/3sixteen
3sixteen_Cotton_Linen_Knit_Short_Sleeve_T-Shirt_Natural_Marled-1-680x1025.jpg

3sixteen_Cotton_Linen_Knit_Short_Sleeve_T-Shirt_Natural_Marled-2-265x400.jpg

3sixteen_Cotton_Linen_Knit_Short_Sleeve_T-Shirt_Natural_Marled-3-265x400.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a jeans like these? @kiya

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a jeans like these? @kiya

Yes, I think if you're looking for a similar jean these two would be great options:
or

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

SELF EDGE X HTC HAND-MADE STUDDED BELTS & KEY FOBS​

We’ve been carrying studded belts from Zip Stevenson’s Hollywood Trading Company for almost 15 years and thought it was time for a fresh collection. We’ve been working with the team over at HTC over the past year to develop three new belt styles and two key fobs, all hand made in their workshop in Los Angeles using full grain cowhide, snakeskin, and stringray. These are available now at all five of our stores.

Shop Self Edge x HTC: https://www.selfedge.com/hollywood-trading-co
Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand_Made_Studded_Belt_Black_w_Sanded_Stingray-1-680x1025.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand_Made_Studded_Belt_Black_w_Sanded_Stingray-3-265x400.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand-Made_Studded_Belt_Tan_w_Black_Snake-1-680x1025.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand-Made_Studded_Belt_Tan_w_Black_Snake-3-265x400.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand_Made_Studded_Belt_Black_w_White_Stingray-1-680x1025.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand_Made_Studded_Belt_Black_w_White_Stingray-3-265x400.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand-Made_Studded_Key_Fob_Black_Leather-1-680x1025.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand-Made_Studded_Key_Fob_Tan_Leather-1-680x1025.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SELF EDGE X HTC HAND-MADE STUDDED BELTS & KEY FOBS​

We’ve been carrying studded belts from Zip Stevenson’s Hollywood Trading Company for almost 15 years and thought it was time for a fresh collection. We’ve been working with the team over at HTC over the past year to develop three new belt styles and two key fobs, all hand made in their workshop in Los Angeles using full grain cowhide, snakeskin, and stringray. These are available now at all five of our stores.

Shop Self Edge x HTC: https://www.selfedge.com/hollywood-trading-co
Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand_Made_Studded_Belt_Black_w_Sanded_Stingray-1-680x1025.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand_Made_Studded_Belt_Black_w_Sanded_Stingray-3-265x400.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand-Made_Studded_Belt_Tan_w_Black_Snake-1-680x1025.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand-Made_Studded_Belt_Tan_w_Black_Snake-3-265x400.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand_Made_Studded_Belt_Black_w_White_Stingray-1-680x1025.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand_Made_Studded_Belt_Black_w_White_Stingray-3-265x400.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand-Made_Studded_Key_Fob_Black_Leather-1-680x1025.jpg

Self_Edge_x_HTC_Hand-Made_Studded_Key_Fob_Tan_Leather-1-680x1025.jpg
Oh man, HTC... I need one of these just out of nostalgia, if nothing else. Still remember the days of visiting the HTC in Fred Segal in Santa Monica, back when Ron Herman was the best store in LA. it's been a minute. Or 25 years.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @kiya
For the Rick vintage sneaks in overdyed foil stretch denim.
What is overdyed foil stretch denim and how does it compare to last season's version.
Also if I'm TTS 8 on brannock, 7.5 in chucks, 8.5 in Nikes & 8.5 in vans, do you think I should go for 41 or 42?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @kiya
For the Rick vintage sneaks in overdyed foil stretch denim.
What is overdyed foil stretch denim and how does it compare to last season's version.
Also if I'm TTS 8 on brannock, 7.5 in chucks, 8.5 in Nikes & 8.5 in vans, do you think I should go for 41 or 42?
They're a lightly "foil" coated overdyed denim, compared to last seasons these aren't shiny at all and are much more matte looking.
I'd say you'd be a 41, the 42 will probably be too large for you.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

RICK OWENS LIDO OUTERSHIRT & VINTAGE SNEAKS​

Rick Owens Vintage Sneaks made of an overdyed foil denim in Rick’s signature Dark Dust color & made in Japan 16oz selvedge black/black denim outershirts, both from the new LIDO season, are available now at all stores.

Shop Rick Owens Online: https://www.selfedge.com/rick-owens
Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Vintage_Sneaks%20-_Overdyed_Foil_Denim_Dark_Dust-01-680x1025.jpg

Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Vintage_Sneaks%20-_Overdyed_Foil_Denim_Dark_Dust-06-265x400.jpg

Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Vintage_Sneaks%20-_Overdyed_Foil_Denim_Dark_Dust-08-265x400.jpg

Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Outershirt_Made_in_Japan_16oz_Black_Denim-01-680x1025.jpg

Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Outershirt_Made_in_Japan_16oz_Black_Denim-04-265x400.jpg

Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Outershirt_Made_in_Japan_16oz_Black_Denim-07-265x400.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads