Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

nice piece, i don't think kunk's voice has any more weight than anyone else's on here so enjoy
    You may not have noticed, but I love the Kunk. I even copied his haircut. Haven't seen you cop that much recently though. Recessionary spending?

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I like Robert Geller more often than I don't I think. This is the piece I want from this season (Note: not a RP) - [​IMG] Don't know that anyone in NA stocked it, though. It seems to me that Kunk's objection is sourced in Geller not being as interesting as Cloak was.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

You may not have noticed, but I love the Kunk. I even copied his haircut. Haven't seen you cop that much recently though. Recessionary spending?

He's great, all drinks will be on him when I visit.

Not much to cop, policy is not to cop unless the heat is hotter than what I own and it feels like we're in a design depression. I do have my eye on a few things which I will be pulling cop trigger finger soon and not much is designer but more stuff I can wear on the daily.

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I'm gonna buy a Geller knit, either that or the scar-knit cardigan
    Both rule

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yes, it is, and while that sweater is a fine piece, it just drives me nuts that his aesthetic is all over the place. look at this vs. fok's new jacket.

I like Robert Geller more often than I don't I think. This is the piece I want from this season (Note: not a RP) -

[​IMG]

Don't know that anyone in NA stocked it, though.

It seems to me that Kunk's objection is sourced in Geller not being as interesting as Cloak was.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

mmm, cozy
    yes, it is, and while that sweater is a fine piece, it just drives me nuts that his aesthetic is all over the place. look at this vs. fok's new jacket.
    Yeah, sometimes it's hard to remember that he's formerly of Cloak

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Which is odd because his first collection under his own name was incredibly focused, imo.

I don't think being all over the place is necessarily wrong - look at every McQueen collection ever, they're all pretty self-contained. I'm definitely not saying it's the same kind of thing with recent Geller seasons though and see where you're coming from.

9. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

I'm not baller enough, sorry dude.

That's not what I am saying. It's different if you really like those pairs, but I feel for the same price as you spent on all three you could get something you really like. Of course, if you really like it and got a good deal you can choose to ignore my comment.

10. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Kiminori Morishita oxfords to tide me over while I ponder if my quarterly bonus will be enough to cover the jacket I just bought and if we are getting a holiday bonus that might cover some carpe diem boots. Counter intuitive spending money to figure out if I have the money to afford stuff I've bought and hope to buy, but it seems to work. Curse you SZ classified section.

11. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

The aesthetic is all over the place, but the individual pieces are all so good and they work so well together. DBSS gives me the same vibe -- distinctive, cool pieces with absolutely no cohesion.

12. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I can totally see where you are coming from, I just was thinking of this one blazer that I tried on from this season that is a fucking magnificent washed cotton/wool blend and was knotted and woven so it had the most insane and intense fit, it was fucking artwork. You do a lot of casual and I understand totally, style is style but I think you have what it takes to incorporate the grunge you do with the elegance of it. (I use grunge lightly)

It's ironic how I was originally attracted to Attachment for the dressier looks since I recently needed some clothes for a business presentation. Attachment offered more workable options in this area than brands like DBSS or Julius, yet was not far removed from my exiting style.

Is this the KK Attachment knitted blazer you're talking about?

[​IMG]

13. alanjav

alanjav Senior member

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

The aesthetic is all over the place, but the individual pieces are all so good and they work so well together. DBSS gives me the same vibe -- distinctive, cool pieces with absolutely no cohesion.
    Well ok, but I wouldn't go quite that far. There is definitely cohesion within each DBSS season. I own a lot of pieces by them and frequently I see cases where the only thing that makes a fit look right is to add another DBSS piece to the fit. Just because they choose to adopt a somewhat wider range within each collection than many other labels does not mean there is no cohesion. Often I wonder if some designers that look overly cohesive are actually taking the easy route by keeping everything within narrow bounds. The wider range present in each DBSS collection is part of their signature look, yet there's still an underlying style present that holds it together.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor