• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
really hope a planned outfit is going to be the fuckit hat with just the BV trunks and matching boots.
1623163768139.gif

….how did you guess my next fit?? All I know is you can’t stunt on the beach without some Sidezips

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what beers have you been drinking though
Hahaha, I recently moved to Vermont after living up in Ottawa for almost two years so I’ve been revisiting all the great Vermont and New England breweries I missed dearly. I’ll post some pics in the beer thread soon!

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
white guide back zips, interesting!
Yea, should def be a change of pace. Getting them resoled with a black vibram lug sole before I go too college too. I really wanted something that would age in a more, I guess definitive manner than my other black boots.

Finally got this artisanal leather belt in. Quality is so fucking good and I'm sure it will age beautifully

IMG_20210609_145955717.jpg

Also got that UC aw 2002 Witches Cell Division show/ behind the scenes VHS in. Sent it to be digitized for @archivepdf. So excited to show the public it

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I've made my first big purchase for quite a while, although not that big in financial terms: I've ordered a pair of all-purpose boots: the kind of things that are tough enough to walk over hills in, but good-looking enough to buff up for the hotel bar in the evening. I did a ridiculous amount of research on this, and while I would have loved to buy a pair of Crocket & Jones Snowden - my top choice, and the platonic ideal of this kind of boot, for me - they were just too expensive.

However, there are some excellent makers in Indonesia, including Sagara, Txture and Junkard (who I think used to be an affiliate here - at least they used to have a thread). it was Junkard I went with in the end, mainly because they do a style, the Vestito, that with some adaptations, has a Snowden-like feel. Specs are as follows:

Leather : Horween Chromexcel - Color 8 / Burgundy
Lining : Fully Lined Lambskin
Toe Box Lining : Structured Toe
Hardware/Eyelets Color : Antique Brass
Extras : 4 Eyelets / 3 Speedhooks
Shoelast : NH Last (rounded toe)
Construction Method : Norwegian-Handwelted (chain stitch)
Welt Type : Stormwelt 360 Degree
Midsole : 2 Layer leather
Outsole : Dainite Commando Sole
Edge Trim : Dark Brown
Requests: Dark thread not white; lower / integrated pull tab

$420, free delivery. Not bad at all... I guess I'll find out in 2-3 months how this is going to work out!

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
Okay, so I've made my first big purchase for quite a while, although not that big in financial terms: I've ordered a pair of all-purpose boots: the kind of things that are tough enough to walk over hills in, but good-looking enough to buff up for the hotel bar in the evening. I did a ridiculous amount of research on this, and while I would have loved to buy a pair of Crocket & Jones Snowden - my top choice, and the platonic ideal of this kind of boot, for me - they were just too expensive.

However, there are some excellent makers in Indonesia, including Sagara, Txture and Junkard (who I think used to be an affiliate here - at least they used to have a thread). it was Junkard I went with in the end, mainly because they do a style, the Vestito, that with some adaptations, has a Snowden-like feel. Specs are as follows:

Leather : Horween Chromexcel - Color 8 / Burgundy
Lining : Fully Lined Lambskin
Toe Box Lining : Structured Toe
Hardware/Eyelets Color : Antique Brass
Extras : 4 Eyelets / 3 Speedhooks
Shoelast : NH Last (rounded toe)
Construction Method : Norwegian-Handwelted (chain stitch)
Welt Type : Stormwelt 360 Degree
Midsole : 2 Layer leather
Outsole : Dainite Commando Sole
Edge Trim : Dark Brown
Requests: Dark thread not white; lower / integrated pull tab

$420, free delivery. Not bad at all... I guess I'll find out in 2-3 months how this is going to work out!
Excited too see these!

Picked up a late 30s/early/mid 40s HBT Coverall

Screenshot_20210610-190516-604.png

Also a gift from a friends father. He collects medicine bags from all over the USA as a member of the Navajo nation. Very excited to learn the history behind mine and learn more about the culture surrounding the bag, along with it's uses from him! The leather on it is full grain elk.

IMG_20210610_191704685_HDR.jpg

Trit

Reaction score
linen leather.jpg

John Varvatos. Turned out not to be good. Kind of crappy quality and fit; the leather collar is garbage. But I still like the idea of the jacket. Maybe some day I'll get something similar made right.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.