• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
really hope a planned outfit is going to be the fuckit hat with just the BV trunks and matching boots.

1623163768139.gif

….how did you guess my next fit?? All I know is you can’t stunt on the beach without some Sidezips

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
Picked up a big E type 3 off eBay for 40 bucks. The seller said was from the late 60's, hoping it's not a repro

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
white guide back zips, interesting!
Yea, should def be a change of pace. Getting them resoled with a black vibram lug sole before I go too college too. I really wanted something that would age in a more, I guess definitive manner than my other black boots.

Finally got this artisanal leather belt in. Quality is so ******* good and I'm sure it will age beautifully

IMG_20210609_145955717.jpg

Also got that UC aw 2002 Witches Cell Division show/ behind the scenes VHS in. Sent it to be digitized for @archivepdf. So excited to show the public it

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I've made my first big purchase for quite a while, although not that big in financial terms: I've ordered a pair of all-purpose boots: the kind of things that are tough enough to walk over hills in, but good-looking enough to buff up for the hotel bar in the evening. I did a ridiculous amount of research on this, and while I would have loved to buy a pair of Crocket & Jones Snowden - my top choice, and the platonic ideal of this kind of boot, for me - they were just too expensive.

However, there are some excellent makers in Indonesia, including Sagara, Txture and Junkard (who I think used to be an affiliate here - at least they used to have a thread). it was Junkard I went with in the end, mainly because they do a style, the Vestito, that with some adaptations, has a Snowden-like feel. Specs are as follows:

Leather : Horween Chromexcel - Color 8 / Burgundy
Lining : Fully Lined Lambskin
Toe Box Lining : Structured Toe
Hardware/Eyelets Color : Antique Brass
Extras : 4 Eyelets / 3 Speedhooks
Shoelast : NH Last (rounded toe)
Construction Method : Norwegian-Handwelted (chain stitch)
Welt Type : Stormwelt 360 Degree
Midsole : 2 Layer leather
Outsole : Dainite Commando Sole
Edge Trim : Dark Brown
Requests: Dark thread not white; lower / integrated pull tab

$420, free delivery. Not bad at all... I guess I'll find out in 2-3 months how this is going to work out!

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
Okay, so I've made my first big purchase for quite a while, although not that big in financial terms: I've ordered a pair of all-purpose boots: the kind of things that are tough enough to walk over hills in, but good-looking enough to buff up for the hotel bar in the evening. I did a ridiculous amount of research on this, and while I would have loved to buy a pair of Crocket & Jones Snowden - my top choice, and the platonic ideal of this kind of boot, for me - they were just too expensive.

However, there are some excellent makers in Indonesia, including Sagara, Txture and Junkard (who I think used to be an affiliate here - at least they used to have a thread). it was Junkard I went with in the end, mainly because they do a style, the Vestito, that with some adaptations, has a Snowden-like feel. Specs are as follows:

Leather : Horween Chromexcel - Color 8 / Burgundy
Lining : Fully Lined Lambskin
Toe Box Lining : Structured Toe
Hardware/Eyelets Color : Antique Brass
Extras : 4 Eyelets / 3 Speedhooks
Shoelast : NH Last (rounded toe)
Construction Method : Norwegian-Handwelted (chain stitch)
Welt Type : Stormwelt 360 Degree
Midsole : 2 Layer leather
Outsole : Dainite Commando Sole
Edge Trim : Dark Brown
Requests: Dark thread not white; lower / integrated pull tab

$420, free delivery. Not bad at all... I guess I'll find out in 2-3 months how this is going to work out!

Excited too see these!

Picked up a late 30s/early/mid 40s HBT Coverall

Screenshot_20210610-190516-604.png

Also a gift from a friends father. He collects medicine bags from all over the USA as a member of the Navajo nation. Very excited to learn the history behind mine and learn more about the culture surrounding the bag, along with it's uses from him! The leather on it is full grain elk.

IMG_20210610_191704685_HDR.jpg

Trit

Reaction score
linen leather.jpg

John Varvatos. Turned out not to be good. Kind of crappy quality and fit; the leather collar is garbage. But I still like the idea of the jacket. Maybe some day I'll get something similar made right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads