• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the end I just don't find many expensive watches particularly nice looking. And I also don't find cheap digital watches bad looking. In fact, I think I actually prefer the look of like a chunky G shock most of the time.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
NN, I'll come to tokyo specifically bc you have a place for me to crash.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Curtains man. No one told me how much curtains cost before I got a house with windows. **** curtains. Those look nice though.

Thanks, yeah. Four gigantic sliding door windows, all of which need curtains and lace inner curtains, and two of which had to be custom ordered because they're non-standard sizes. I had no clue buying curtains was such a process

In more fashion-related purchases:

Patagonia softshell
UlElCcH.jpg

And in more non-related fashion purchases:

Three week trip to Nepal next month to visit Everest Base Camp! Super excited. Been wanting to do this for three years ever since reading Into Thin Air but couldn't take enough time off from work
bwquyyCl.jpg

Last edited:

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. Visiting Everest (or Nepal even) has been a dream of mine. I hear there are some really nice tea houses along the way.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is everywhere and could be said for many, many things. You are going to be a very lonely guy if you're trying to isolate yourself from anything associated with wealth.

All 'luxury' watches are overpriced, outdated wrist jewelry, but if it makes you happy, go for it. I know I love my Panerai.....and people give that brand just as much flack for a different set of reasons.

All I meant is that I don't want to wear one, not that I avoid people who do.

What happens when you replace "watches" with "fashion" here?

It's a little silly to dislike something just because of association. But I suppose we all do this to some extent.

I don't know if I agree, you could argue that most of our cultural tastes are based on association...

Banana Cognac

Reaction score

Got this Nanamica Reversible Varsity from Ebay for less than $100

I picked this up last season from End for around $250 on sale so you picked up a steal.

Never wear it reversible stripes too tacky -- it's a solid fall/spring jacket.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe buy less and wear more, your clothes all look totally new.

Been said before and you are right.

My daily routine takes me from my apartment, into the car, into the office and in reverse so I rarely go outside and get 'wear' on my clothing.

Like, elisiX, I also finally got around to picking up a Stark, but in army green.

That color is fantastic!.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Necessary CM stuff:
2x Kamakura shirts to try out
2x grenadine ties to replace some damaged ones (navy and burgundy)

Impulsive stuff:
SLP card holder

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those derbies are dope Caveat.

Just got these Peir Wu trousers, the detail of the fabric really got me interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads