1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sepp

sepp Senior member

Miyashita? Great purchase.

2. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Senior member

Just arrived today. Liking the fit and fabric a lot (natural indigo fabric that they call sashiko but looks kinda like...cotton hopsack?). Thanks @sood !
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Lewis Leathers Lightning (391). Decided to keep it after contemplating wether the fit was what I wanted. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Reminds me a lot of the TOJ 2010 DR (IMHO of course).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    11 people like this.
  4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Where's the rolls eyes emoticon

Dear god are you a turd

5. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Who, me? Why? Me no understand.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

an oblivious tool which just makes me sad and full of pity

7. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Still don't understand. Sorry. Why so mad?

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

You think ToJ really ripped off lewis leathers? Congratulating yourself on your back for having better taste and knowledge are you? So retarded. Go read up on double riders before making ignorant snide derogatory remarks about stuff you know jack shit about

9. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Dude, calm down. I just think they look very similar. And I didn't say they ripped off LL, or any of the other crazy stuff you accuse me of. I only thought the two jackets were very similar. If I was wrong then I am sorry about that. And I am not congratulating myself for anything (except for maybe getting what I think is a great jacket, for an even better price). That's just crazy talk. On the contrary, I am the first to admit, which I have in the relevant threads, that I am a total noob when it comes to these things. But since you were so offended I edited my post, since I guess there are plenty more like you out there.

The people on this forum are just mind boggling sometimes.

1 person likes this.
  10. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

I can't tell if indesertum is doing some advanced trolling, woke up on the wrong side or is just annoyingly drunk

17 people like this.
  11. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Why not all three.

3 people like this.
  12. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Maybe he just hates everything.

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

bruh if i call you out on some retarded ass statement it doesn't mean i'm personally offended (i dont even own TOJ anymore) or my pussy is dripping with salt and sand or i'm drunk or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. it doesn't mean we need some long deep emotional conversation over PM. it also doesn't mean you need to go back and doctor your original remarks just so you don't sound as retarded

all it means is you made some dumbfuckery of a statement. double riders (eg perfecto) have been around since the 1920s. everybody from gaultier to hedi to lewis leathers to TOJ has done them. every possible combination of zipper number and placement or buckles or collars or leather choice or sleeve attachment has been done. what is there to imitate?

making a dumb statement would be ok. everybody says retarded shit. i say retarded shit all the time. what's really not ok is being such a snobbish douche about your choice of clothing versus somebody else's.

and there's no need to be so damn sensitive about being rudely corrected by some tool online

2 people like this.
  14. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

You really are a piece of work. Thanks for making me understand so. I can only hope that this whole nonsense is due to something that is lost in translation or something. Bruh.

And for the record, my PM to you to try to end this infantile mess was only this:

Quote: Hope you are happy with yourself and your life. Enough said.

1 person likes this.
  15. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

I don't think its unreasonable to say the 2010 DR with the twin side adjusters is specifically a riff on 1950s British style rider jackets, of which the Lewis Lighting is probably the best known example. Maybe you need to re-read some history yourself?

Whatever, seems a bit much to go calling someone a turd over.

9 people like this.
  16. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Coincidentally, this is a pretty good description of how probably the majority here will perceive your posts on this page.

5 people like this.
  17. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. Grintricha

Grintricha Senior member

My new acne aron jacket, i don't wear suits but i'm sorely tempted to buy the troos

[​IMG]

19. the kidcrash

the kidcrash Well-Known Member

nothin too exciting. some stuff from y!j came in.

Spinner Bait knit shirt/sweater

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sifury knit T
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    tag stitched into the neck margiela-style
    [​IMG]
    iPhone led to some overexposed/blurry photos but it's a nice piece. thick gauge maroon cotton, sewn-in fabric twists, knit pattern at the bottom and sleeve hems. Sifury is a cool brand. lots of raw hems and heavy fabrics. nice complement to brands like kapital and vendor.

Ryuichiro Shimazaki poly/cotton sweater.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    front panel is polyester, feels almost like neoprene. chunky and textured and is stitched onto the cotton sleeves and back. weird shoulder extensions which i guess ties into the collection theme. won't matter layered under stuff though. I like a lot of his designs. he did some inside out pieces for a collection a little while back that I really liked.

pretty satisfied, the quality of the stuff i get off of yahoo is way higher than what I spend.

4 people like this.
  20. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

Man, just the mention of toj seems to have a way of bringing out the worst in people. So much emotions in these here leather jackets from the internet.