• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dont really like them in most colors, but i think the black ones look good.
if these aren't good, what kinda suggestions would people have for sneakers. I feel like i need something a little nicer and more suited to my style than what i have now.

raf vandals if you can find them

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

I think its cool that the guy is trying something other than the cp's that would be the predictable route. They look fine (to me) I have a pair I wear with black/white jeans and a t, if anything they are very comfortable

pronxs said it best. seriously, you wear head to toe mmm and you talk about mediocrity? :(

it's not like these are fujiwaras...

and i know you wear them. you post bragging about them. and they look ugly in your pictures.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I think its cool that the guy is trying something other than the cp's that would be the predictable route. They look fine (to me) I have a pair I wear with black/white jeans and a t, if anything they are very comfortable

pronxs said it best. seriously, you wear head to toe mmm and you talk about mediocrity? :(

it's not like these are fujiwaras...

and i know you wear them. you post bragging about them. and they look ugly in your pictures.

Yeahhhh buddy, but I love' em. Not hard to wear at all is my point (I haven't put up a fit of my vag's though)

wow you are wearing MMM so unpredictable and exciting. :foo:

Of course man! SF "boring" is my exciting

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I agree with APK, as I'm not sure why this is true. I would think that sites like Mr. Porter do two things for people like myself, who are into clothes/fashion much more casually and live in areas where most high end fashion is unavailable. They provide exposure to brands and products which many folks wouldn't normally have access to. This allows us to broaden our horizons, so to speak, familiarizing ourselves with a wider range of brands and looks. Through their sales and generous return policies they provide a risk-free way for us to try new brands/looks to see if they work, and at a price more suitable to experiment with.
I would think that because of these factors that it would encourage experimentation and moving outside of one's comfort zone. Somebody who has an entire wardrobe comprised of BB/J Crew now has the freedom to try new things and evolve stylistically, thus moving away from mediocrity.

what they offer from these respective brands are the most bland items, though. They don't truly capture the aesthetic behind certain labels. I guess they are good enough to allow people to wet their toes in the water just a tad before taking a full plunge, though.

Last edited:

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
tumblr_lxtn72m6uF1qbbj0lo1_500.jpg

Buttero distressed combat boots

jwied82

Reaction score
Nice, unc. Ive always really liked those buttero boots.
i think they run really large. like you should get at least a size down from your regular, maybe a size and a half.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice vest^

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

Nice, unc. Ive always really liked those buttero boots.
i think they run really large. like you should get at least a size down from your regular, maybe a size and a half.

humm i usually wear a 9.5 or 43 in euro brands, these are a US 9. I asked a few people who have this exact pair and that seemed to be the advice. if they're slightly too big, well, i tend to put insoles in most of my shoes.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dont really like them in most colors, but i think the black ones look good.
if these aren't good, what kinda suggestions would people have for sneakers. I feel like i need something a little nicer and more suited to my style than what i have now.

I like these YSL trainers, although I don't know where to find them unless you are one of the small sizes available.

LINK

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads