• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
It is pushing people towards mediocrity, the 90s were amazing because we were looking for da fashion so we looked fresh.

I think I agree with APK, as I'm not sure why this is true. I would think that sites like Mr. Porter do two things for people like myself, who are into clothes/fashion much more casually and live in areas where most high end fashion is unavailable. They provide exposure to brands and products which many folks wouldn't normally have access to. This allows us to broaden our horizons, so to speak, familiarizing ourselves with a wider range of brands and looks. Through their sales and generous return policies they provide a risk-free way for us to try new brands/looks to see if they work, and at a price more suitable to experiment with.

I would think that because of these factors that it would encourage experimentation and moving outside of one's comfort zone. Somebody who has an entire wardrobe comprised of BB/J Crew now has the freedom to try new things and evolve stylistically, thus moving away from mediocrity.

A "you and your opinions are idiotic beyond comprehension" would of been my response, this is much better

jwied82

Reaction score

hope they work out. More than i've spent on sneakers before, but i think they should work well with alot of stuff i wear.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
^ Never would of guessed you were one of the few that liked the vagin' sneaks

Teg, you are just pushing towards mediocracy

Last edited:

jwied82

Reaction score
dont really like them in most colors, but i think the black ones look good.
if these aren't good, what kinda suggestions would people have for sneakers. I feel like i need something a little nicer and more suited to my style than what i have now.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

those sneakers have never looked good on anyone. they've only looked 'ok'.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

if these aren't good, what kinda suggestions would people have for sneakers. I feel like i need something a little nicer and more suited to my style than what i have now.

honestly, for you, CPs. cant think of a better fit.

jwied82

Reaction score
which ones? i dont like the achilles all that much that much for some reason. I do like the tournaments alot though.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i always though jweed would be the man to make Golden Goose sneakers look good.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the ****** sneakers are great. don't know why they get hate!

jwied82

Reaction score

i always though jweed would be the man to make Golden Goose sneakers look good.

i actually love golden goose sneakers. Just hard to find and too damn expensive. and some of them are a little too distressed.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

black is prolly the worst colorway i've seen in those, tbh. Green and white ones have potential

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
not good bro :(

those sneakers have never looked good on anyone. they've only looked 'ok'.

I think its cool that the guy is trying something other than the cp's that would be the predictable route. They look fine (to me) I have a pair I wear with black/white jeans and a t, if anything they are very comfortable

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think its cool that the guy is trying something other than the cp's that would be the predictable route. They look fine (to me) I have a pair I wear with black/white jeans and a t, if anything they are very comfortable

wow you are wearing MMM so unpredictable and exciting. :foo:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads