• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay, I've read about it and it could be, though I do still have a huge ass. It talks about strengthening the glutes, quads and abs, all of which are already pretty damn strong. The only other thing I can think of is stretching. Tips?
i cant tell you this without a proper assesment. i suggest you do the tests suggested in articles and try them out. you may think the glutes are strong, but they probably aren't.

ive pulled 600 and i have core stability issues.

look up mike robertson, eric cressey, gray cook.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i dont get the skin-tight gym clothes deal. i have one lululemon workout shirt that i hardly wear since i am swoling out of it. wore it the other day and it pissed me off how much it chafed around the shoulders. cant stand it when sleeves ride up on my arms. dumpy oversized gym shorts and tanks for the win.
that being said, i feel almost embarassed when i have a bro-shirt on; none of my tees from last summer fit modestly anymore. always funny when you see a guy who looks like he could work out, but his shirt is one size too small so that you know he does. hate being that guy.

Under armour is comfy as ****. I hate wearing tshirts and having them stick awkwardly to my skin when I get sweaty, so I always wear an under armour layer underneath.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Under armour is comfy as ****. I hate wearing tshirts and having them stick awkwardly to my skin when I get sweaty, so I always wear an under armour layer underneath.

This. Although I prefer the Nike brand version.

Otherwise I'm prone to vicious nipple chaffing... :embar:

stinger70

Reaction score
Fail at the gym today. I aimed to resume SS having been at a hotel all week, and only had a light workout midweek. So havent squatted for a week and on my warm up sets my hip flexors are hurting.....try and stretch a bit and get well warmed up, but by the time i get to 60kg im really struggling so i just do 3 x 5 at 60 which hurts like ****. Never really had this happen before, nothing hurt last time i squatted and ive had ages to recover. Was only 70kg last time so im not really pushing the limits yet.

As i couldnt squat properly decided to turn the rest of session into a 'back day.' Second set of lat pulls and my rotator cuff gives up. Has never ever hurt on this exercise before. Did enjoy some T-Bar rows and DB rows though. Working out is much more fun in the 8 rep range to failure, i guess its not as good for results as 3 x 5 etc though.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not so successful BP day @ 170lbs, was aiming for 5x5 but only got 5,5,5,4,3. I blame Padma who was doing every butt exercise known to man on the Smith machine and bench right next to me.

Padma, like hot Top Chef Padma?

Went to go play pick-up basketball for the first time in about 10 years. It feels like I set my lungs on fire.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Padma, like hot Top Chef Padma?

Yup. She goes to my gym in NYC. Before today, I had only seen her walking on the treadmill. Today was a very different story. I am surprised that other people in the gym didnt seem more distracted. She has a very waifish look about her, I was waiting for her to just fall right over.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re tight clothes: I like stuff thats fitted enough its not moving around. I needed a longer shirt today so my belly isn't exposed doing chins (0).
A little loose so its not riding up. Perfect middle ground - but spandex shorts under my baggy shorts are where its at.

First day in the gym in 3 ish weeks - been out with what seems to be mono. Decided I was sick of being a *****, so I did a fitness test, on thursday I rode my new bike, and today I did power cleans. My body feels happy and tired.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads