• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pleats and cuffs vs. neither?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the context, IMO. Most of my CM stuff is single pleat and cuffs. Most of my non-CM stuff is plain front, no cuffs. Most, but not all.

I think Parker compared cuffed vs. uncuffed to serif vs. non-serif fonts one time. That seemed like a good way to look at it.

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1103062_mrp_in_s.jpg

you needed to include the full writeup

Mr. Porter said:
A one-of-a-kind piece and global exclusive, Roger Dubuis' Swiss-made 'Excalibur Aventador S' watch is designed in partnership with Lamborghini and combines both brands' unwavering commitment to technical innovation. This model has a black DLC-coated titanium case that allows you to observe the 103SQ calibre automatic movement from every angle – it's the first to have a 90° double sprung balance with a differential. Included in the purchase of this timepiece is an invitation for a unique experience. The buyer will be flown to Geneva, where they will enjoy a stay in a five-star hotel. They will be presented with their watch at the Roger Dubuis manufacture before being taken on a professional driving experience through the Jura Mountains in a Lamborghini Aventador S, mixing the supercar and high-end horology worlds.

edit: also someone bought it already

happyriverz

Reaction score
To be fair sounds more like observational meditation which is quite mainstream afaik

The funnier part is all the pics of melania are copyright melania. Nice!

I never knew that you can call "constantly checking emails and responding to them" by so many different things!

This article is laughable -- i'm a lawyer that works with bankers, and all they do is check and respond to emails.

Alexidb

Reaction score
Can anyone recomend a decadent/luxurious/silken pair of rag wool socks? I’m looking for something soft and bulky. Preferably under $40.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know you get by on less ‘cause you’re stockpiling short pile cashmere.

More seriously, I like Wigwam's Cypress socks for rag wool. Anonymous Ism also sometimes has some. They're a little softer, from what I've owned, but variation in the yarn isn't as pronounced.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need some real help from y'all...I'm gonna get eloped this year, with a real ceremony and whatnot to come next year. We decided that in lieu of a wedding ring, I should get a vintage/fun ring that I like and when we do the real ceremony, we can do a wedding ring exchange in earnest.

I need your help to locate a vintage or vintage styled signet or biker ring. Squared off edges, Silver or white gold preferred, size 10ish (and ability to be resized within reason), hopefully less than $500. Not looking for overt native American or military references.

I've looked at etsy but can't figure out if I trust any of em or even what to look for besides a metals quality stamp. I browsed some of the shops that I know carry vintage and posted some below. Where else can I look? Stag in Austin has some, but they're all very traditional Mexican biker ring types.

Esqueleto in Oakland/LA-
Almost exactly what I'm looking for. I like the size and emblem, but it's $2k more than my budget right now.
https://shopesqueleto.com/rings/1196-men-s-gold-signet.html
men-s-gold-signet.jpg

Reliquary SF-
This one is ok but a bit small, both in finger size and in overall emblem.
http://www.reliquarysf.com/gold-horse-head-signet-ring.html
22441-01.jpg

This one from etsy seems nice, but the finger size is small by 3 sizes (from what I understand 1-2 size resize is allowed). Is there a way to polish off the existing initials and have it re-engraved?
il_570xN.1456876622_fbd9.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads