• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is definitely the truth! Cycling fashion bro's are 100 percent a thing and many also chose to stick with one brand for the sake of always being able to mix and match without having that dreaded Adidas and Nikes in the same fit type feel.

Maap, Rapha, Pas Normal Studios (which is regrettably shortened to PNS) and other brands are sold by many big fashion stores like Ssense. There are ones like Assos and Q36.5 that do very technical things with their fabrics (apparently) and closer in feel to actual high end bike performance gear than just for the fashion though.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds similar to fashion gym bros and gals although I don’t see SSENSE and the like pick up such apparels. Yet. Actually, sweat suits and adjacent garments already represent that category I’m guessing. 🤷🏻

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rapha is a British cycling brand that makes expensive apparel often from merino wool blends. For everyday riders, wearing full Rapha is a bit of style over substance (guilty as charged). Although, they do make serious racing kit and sponsor pro teams. Much to the dismay of many, Rapha was purchased by the heirs to Walmart (who have actually done some great things for cycling, like turning Bentonville, AR, into a mountain biking Mecca). This past year, Rapha has been picked up by MrP, SSENSE, End Clothing, cementing it’s status as cycling fashion.
View attachment 2003853
View attachment 2003855

MAAP is an Australian cycling brand that’s more streetwear-meets-cycling with flashy colors and patterns. It’s rather 80’s-inspired IMO. Not really any worse than Rapha, but just much flashier. I’m teasing @peachfuzzmcgee because, while I’m full Rapha, I’d never wear something as flashy as MAAP.
View attachment 2003857
View attachment 2003859
View attachment 2003861
Not gonna lie, my gi pants are more of the moment than bike shorts.

There was an guy who biked and used to wear it a lot (@GuidoWongolini - shout us out if you are around bro) so I do know and have been following Rapha for a bit. The other brands, not at all.

That guy could wear clothes well.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@peachfuzzmcgee / @zissou y'all should join in on the General Bike Thread

and if you're looking for less cycle-bro, may i suggest Ornot out of San Fran CA, they do really nice stuff.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@peachfuzzmcgee / @zissou y'all should join in on the General Bike Thread

and if you're looking for less cycle-bro, may i suggest Ornot out of San Fran CA, they do really nice stuff.

Link it for people?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Link it for people?

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta hand it to the folks at Yoox for breaking new ground in ****** photoshop

IMG_3751.jpeg

Deluks917

Reaction score
I stopped reading this forum over a decade ago. I started reading this forum when I was in high school and super poor. Well im 32 now and moderately rich. I'm gonna be in NYC for awhile cause im uhhh getting plastic surgery. I will have some time before the surgery to shop. I probably want to drop maybe 5K on clothing. I don't need to buy a ton of stuff, just wanna have fun and pick up some pieces. Though it would be nice to get some staples for you know sub 1K a piece (Im not a trillionaire ok). But I have been focusing on money for a long time and don't really own much besides tee shirts and cheap jeans.

Probably the store I vibe with the most is Atelier so I will check them out. Anywhere else with cool vibes, and maybe some places with bigger selection. I do wanna pick up some jeans. Sorry if this is too crass.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
what plastic surgery you getting bro don't leave us hanging

Shop online:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading this forum over a decade ago. I started reading this forum when I was in high school and super poor. Well im 32 now and moderately rich. I'm gonna be in NYC for awhile cause im uhhh getting plastic surgery. I will have some time before the surgery to shop. I probably want to drop maybe 5K on clothing. I don't need to buy a ton of stuff, just wanna have fun and pick up some pieces. Though it would be nice to get some staples for you know sub 1K a piece (Im not a trillionaire ok). But I have been focusing on money for a long time and don't really own much besides tee shirts and cheap jeans.

Probably the store I vibe with the most is Atelier so I will check them out. Anywhere else with cool vibes, and maybe some places with bigger selection. I do wanna pick up some jeans. Sorry if this is too crass.
Always good to see people back. Good thing aobut Atelier is not that it's particularly diverse though. It's super focused. I haven't been to NYC in a minute, but in person, I always went to No Man Walks Alone and the Blue in Green. They always have interesting choices, even if it's not all my personal style.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I always liked the Armoury but they're a little expensive.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fashun jeans or sick fadez?

3sixteen / self edge / blue in green are my jean spots.

No Man Walk Alone
CHCM
45r
Stoffa
Nepenthes
Bergdorfs
RL mansion
Aime Leon Dore (maybe, if you want to brave the hype)

These may not be all your style but just for the experience might be worth a trip. You can also just wander around Soho as it’s all brand flagships. There are probably a bunch of other places that could be more suited to your taste I’m sure others will chime in with

I just looked up where Atelier is. If you go there, a trip to Analogue literally across the street is necessary if you enjoy a really solid bar / cocktail.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhaacai0ne88