• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wish we had a SF Google Map with all of the great clothing shops around the country/world. I was just in NYC and had forgotten about most of ^these places.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wish we had a SF Google Map with all of the great clothing shops around the country/world. I was just in NYC and had forgotten about most of ^these places.
The tricky thing is that your Simon Crompton types are going to list the things which are novel in Tokyo for a Londoner, which are not the same places someone from Peoria would be interested in - E Marinella probably has a shop in London, Peoria waits

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had for different cities. l'm going to see what became of them. Cities, a short description of the stores, websites, contact info, etc... but then Google API changed and we somehow never got them up again. They would need to be updated. Lemme check on what ever happened to that project.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had for different cities. l'm going to see what became of them. Cities, a short description of the stores, websites, contact info, etc... but then Google API changed and we somehow never got them up again. They would need to be updated. Lemme check on what ever happened to that project.
That would be cool, thanks! I'm imagining different color pins for CM and SWD shops 🤓. If there was some low-cost way of keeping it current by having SF users submit data via a Google Form or something like that, that might be ideal.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had something published a lot of cities.They are out of date, but I'll put the links here, and please tell me (in the format that we use) of stores that we need to add, places that have closed, etc... I can't figure out how to embed them, but we will do that if possibe.

Paris:

Chicago

Los Angeles

London

Soho (NYC):

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be cool, thanks! I'm imagining different color pins for CM and SWD shops 🤓. If there was some low-cost way of keeping it current by having SF users submit data via a Google Form or something like that, that might be ideal.
That would be ideal, really.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thrifting today and came across a Cos t shirt in linen. I've never had a linen t shirt before, but I love it already. If anyone's looking for a linen t shirt, try and find a Cos one as they're really nice.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thrifting today and came across a Cos t shirt in linen. I've never had a linen t shirt before, but I love it already. If anyone's looking for a linen t shirt, try and find a Cos one as they're really nice.
I’m also a fan of linen t-shirts, but not many brands make them. Here in Europe Mango usually has a few and I also had one from Zara. COS also have some knitted 100% silk ones (recycled) that are intriguing. I’m a fan of COS in general as they always have interesting fabrics for little money.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading this forum over a decade ago. I started reading this forum when I was in high school and super poor. Well im 32 now and moderately rich. I'm gonna be in NYC for awhile cause im uhhh getting plastic surgery. I will have some time before the surgery to shop. I probably want to drop maybe 5K on clothing. I don't need to buy a ton of stuff, just wanna have fun and pick up some pieces. Though it would be nice to get some staples for you know sub 1K a piece (Im not a trillionaire ok). But I have been focusing on money for a long time and don't really own much besides tee shirts and cheap jeans.

Probably the store I vibe with the most is Atelier so I will check them out. Anywhere else with cool vibes, and maybe some places with bigger selection. I do wanna pick up some jeans. Sorry if this is too crass.

Ok, I am just come out and say it. This is one of the most sublime posts I've read on SF for a long time. 😚👌

Quoted for history.

Last edited:

Miami Wicked

Reaction score
IMG_1377.png

this my be random but…
can someone help me out identifying the Chelsea boots on the photo? I Love how sharp they become towards the outsole.

found on that salespage for the Roberto Cavalli jeans:

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, is that what a PP Nautilus go for now? I'm really kicking myself for not buying one 15 years ago.

absolem

Reaction score
I'm curious what people think of Document's quality. I just got a shirt from them and while I like it a lot, I was surprised by how wonky the finishing is. Id hope its the exception given the price

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rapha is a British cycling brand that makes expensive apparel often from merino wool blends. For everyday riders, wearing full Rapha is a bit of style over substance (guilty as charged).

That is definitely the truth! Cycling fashion bro's are 100 percent a thing and many also chose to stick with one brand for the sake of always being able to mix and match without having that dreaded Adidas and Nikes in the same fit type feel.
Virtually all Rapha for me as well. It clearly serves a functional purpose but I'll also admit there is a bit of a cosplay aspect to full kit. I've worn a variety of bibs over the years and found that the Rapha Classic are comfortable and they last. I won't buy anything else. I like the classic line for jerseys as well (Merino blend). I picked up a couple jersey's from Pedaled a couple of years ago and like them. They look sharp and are also a nice merino blend.

Summer sale:

@smittycl posted this in the cycling thread a while back and it found a place on our fridge as it hits remarkably close to home.

cycling_clothes.jpg

looseandwavey

Reaction score
I'm curious what people think of Document's quality. I just got a shirt from them and while I like it a lot, I was surprised by how wonky the finishing is. Id hope its the exception given the price
They are slightly notorious for having loose buttons if thats what you mean.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joo Carter