• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i tried them but they don't fit my feet, but i have a few friends that race in these. the impression is they are worth the money if you fit as a very specific criteria. they are NOT trainers in any sense (specifically a race shoe that may get 150 miles total before they break down) and do not work well if you have anything other than a solid forefoot strike. that said, if they work for you they will make you faster.
Thanks for the input. I usually wear a wide and I see that is not an option on their website. Just curious overall. I run for general physical fitness and don't race much anymore. Looking for to Spring and longer days so I can cycle more.

kjb

Reaction score
yeah they are interesting and a lot of that tech will seep down to the more normal offerings. a bunch of companies are starting to experiment with carbon plates for adding "spring" and different levels and types of foam for decreasing muscle fatigue. though there has been word that the next% current or next iteration is considering being banned from elite competition by the governing body as it has been scientifically proven to give athletes an advantage while racing.

shopcanoeclub

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A customer who runs for CU boulder said they're banned by the school. Apparently, if you wore those shoes and changed nothing else about your stride etc. and just ran as you normally would, it improves your running by something crazy like 10%.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A customer who runs for CU boulder said they're banned by the school. Apparently, if you wore those shoes and changed nothing else about your stride etc. and just ran as you normally would, it improves your running by something crazy like 10%.
Makes me curious to try them. $250 for a pair.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
10%? Damn. So, when I used to run road races, at my fastest, I did an 18 minute 5K. That placed me in about the to 10% of racers (sounds less impressive if you account for all the people who are just doing it to finish). If I could take that down to under 17 minutes based soley on shoes, it would have made my placements so much better. Not actually fast enough to win or even place, but fast enough to be in that top pack of runners. For that, even at $250/pair? Would buy.

shopcanoeclub

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems that World Athletics is about to step in (finally) to recommend regulation of these spring-loaded shoes before it's too late and end up with a ridiculous arms race...

The current generation will likely not be banned but further developments will likely be controlled.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol @ people wanting to buy these for jogging around their neighborhood

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not really fashion, anyone ever bought kids stuff from jcrew? I stick mostly with muji/mini boden for basics, and Zara for "interesting" stuff. One thing I found issue with typical american brand (say RL/Gap/Old Navy) is the arm/leg are usually too long but also too slim at the same time, guess I just got a chubby kid... (though she is actually 50 percentile or maybe she is just really asian on the thigh front :p)?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 153 32.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%