• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was walking around San Bruno yesterday in a bright ACG hiking jacket, And Wander zip pants, wool socks and sandals. Felt weird and totally out of context but at the same time supremely comfortable. Will wear a hat next time to cover my face in shame.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I find it annoying how even more expensive socks need to be babied. I do find that hang drying them increases their lifespan significantly. It'd probably be good to hand wash too, but uh...**** that.
Nah, machine wash in delicate, hang dry. Never buy socks that can’t survive that!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
As a wearer of Arc'teryx, I can attest that this is true, though I object to the editorial "deviant".

The old school of journalism would have said that two anonymous sources high up in the department of labour saw you laughing while clubbing baby seals in Cuyahoga county Ohio on the 13 of october 2019.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The old school of journalism would have said that two anonymous sources high up in the department of labour saw you laughing while clubbing baby seals in Cuyahoga county Ohio on the 13 of october 2019.

heyyyyeyey we be clubbin' (ice cube)

check yourself before you wreck yourself, derek

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread now has the full flavor of philosophy majors gathered in a circle at a college party trying to impress a girl who's sipping uncomfortably on her beer.
At least when I went to college, there were no beards and people took their TOQUES off the moment the got inside.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Query to derail us further:

Why is it that people so often dismiss all sorts of gestures to political/theoretical discourses as, "Hey, it's just that **** you talked about in first-year college philosophy classes?" This makes no sense to me, at least when Americans say it. American philosophy departments are predominantly analytical; if you encountered Marxism, or Bourdieu, or the Frankfurt School, or even basic questions of fairness or whatever in (American) college classes, you probably didn't get that **** from a philosophy department.

The other related gripe I have is when people dismiss an attempt to explain phenomena as "psycho-babble" when it has absolutely nothing to do with current psychology or Freudian psychoanalysis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads