• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 6: Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a $500 gift certificate Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Alexidb

Reaction score
It’s funny (to me at least) that Brooks England only started doing this stuff after they were bought by the Italians.
timothy everest designed a jacket for brooks england a few years ago. it's made for cycling, but i sometimes use it as a travel jacket. it's made from ventile, so it's relatively breathable. but then with it rains, the material swells up so that water doesn't leak through. Tons of pockets, a specialized keychain pocket to hold keys, and backpack style straps so you can sling over your body when running through the airport. zippered pockets keep things such as passports safe.

it's from a few years ago, but maybe you can find one on the second-hand market.

the design is relatively cm-ish, however, so it goes better with things such as C&J field boots, jeans, and Shetland sweaters. not as directional if you're into SWD type stuff.

View attachment 1278152

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all this is reminding me to knit myself a beanie for winter

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assault against bearded dudes with rolled up beanies should not only be legalized, but should possibly be reclassified as a social good.
You best watch your back, Fok. Get another dozen or so of us bearded, beanie-wearing dudes riled up and all the MMA in the world won’t save you.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
You best watch your back, Fok. Get another dozen or so of us bearded, beanie-wearing dudes riled up and all the MMA in the world won’t save you.
Yeah, I really don't want to get tied to a chair, and be forced to drink a microbrew IPA while being sonically assaulted by Bon Iver.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like beer!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For sure, a story is good (if the story is good:)

dondavi

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what my t-shirt is made out of. I believe it was 100% cotton. Its fuzzy and warm and I want more like this. (click right for more pics)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what my t-shirt is made out of. I believe it was 100% cotton. Its fuzzy and warm and I want more like this. (click right for more pics)
Hard to tell without some kind of lab test (or burn test), but that looks like a poly-cotton blend.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 138 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 260 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 125 15.8%
  • 31 - 40