• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Alexidb

Reaction score
It’s funny (to me at least) that Brooks England only started doing this stuff after they were bought by the Italians.
timothy everest designed a jacket for brooks england a few years ago. it's made for cycling, but i sometimes use it as a travel jacket. it's made from ventile, so it's relatively breathable. but then with it rains, the material swells up so that water doesn't leak through. Tons of pockets, a specialized keychain pocket to hold keys, and backpack style straps so you can sling over your body when running through the airport. zippered pockets keep things such as passports safe.

it's from a few years ago, but maybe you can find one on the second-hand market.

the design is relatively cm-ish, however, so it goes better with things such as C&J field boots, jeans, and Shetland sweaters. not as directional if you're into SWD type stuff.

View attachment 1278152

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all this is reminding me to knit myself a beanie for winter

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assault against bearded dudes with rolled up beanies should not only be legalized, but should possibly be reclassified as a social good.

You best watch your back, Fok. Get another dozen or so of us bearded, beanie-wearing dudes riled up and all the MMA in the world won’t save you.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You best watch your back, Fok. Get another dozen or so of us bearded, beanie-wearing dudes riled up and all the MMA in the world won’t save you.
Yeah, I really don't want to get tied to a chair, and be forced to drink a microbrew IPA while being sonically assaulted by Bon Iver.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For sure, a story is good (if the story is good:)

dondavi

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what my t-shirt is made out of. I believe it was 100% cotton. Its fuzzy and warm and I want more like this. (click right for more pics)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what my t-shirt is made out of. I believe it was 100% cotton. Its fuzzy and warm and I want more like this. (click right for more pics)

Hard to tell without some kind of lab test (or burn test), but that looks like a poly-cotton blend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads