• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Hey folks - We are implementing some shirt pattern changes effective to orders placed today. The changes will affect the shirt yoke height and how we adjust patterns for shoulder slope. A writeup explaining everything is here: https://propercloth.com/reference/fit-updates-oct-3-2023-shirt-shoulder-slope-and-yoke-height/
Thanks for letting us know!!

What was the motivation behind increasing the yoke height? I remember noticing on my very first shirt (10 years ago) that the height was on the shorter side but it didn't seem to affect the fit so I never gave it a second thought after that.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know!!

What was the motivation behind increasing the yoke height? I remember noticing on my very first shirt (10 years ago) that the height was on the shorter side but it didn't seem to affect the fit so I never gave it a second thought after that.
For the larger shoulder slopes like Lowered Shoulders 1" we needed more height on the yoke to be able to create a greater angle along the front of yoke seam without the yoke getting too narrow where it meets the sleeve.

ksinc

Reaction score
Seph, your team members, particularly Gem and Tom, have been very helpful. Great customer service. Scott

wrblz

Reaction score
@Seph from your experience, is PC able to adapt a more classic fit? I know you have that option, but your classic fit is by default still somewhat slim/tapered. I can obviously try to make out the measurements within the size (per limits of the pattern), but do you have experience with any clients going this route? Thinking for an example 28.5" thighs, 10.75" knees, 8.5-8.75" hems, etc.

For the jacket, in a full canvas with some structure, I'd be looking for some drape and structure in the chest/shoulders/sleevehead. On remakes, can your team adjust things like sleeve pitch?

Intrigued by the new wider lapel option since the gorge is apparently a bit lower. Just trying to gauge if PC makes sense for a more full cut suit. Thoughts? Any examples of people wearing a fuller cut by PC?

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the "no shrinkage allowance" option yet?

I placed a trial order (only my 3rd PC order) but did not see the option to remove shrinkage allowances during the ordering process. I emailed CS right after placing the order so I should be ok I would think.

I'm really interested to see how it turns out. If it comes out right, I may be forced to place a significant order.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Visiting the HQ in NYC again this December. Visited a few years ago and it massively improved the fit and helped me sort through my wishlist. Potentially going to be an expensive visit (last shirt order for a while). Are there any fabrics y'all felt really stood out that I should check out in person while I'm there?

Also going to see about trouser measurements. Kinda gave up on the last place I was ordering "non-expensive" trousers from.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
A gentle suggestion on where PC can also add some value.

I've been on the hunt for a great chore coat, and have tried Todd Snyder, Alex Mill, and most recently Mont. St. Michel, but am struggling to find ones any that fit my desired arm width. Would be really cool to see if PC could offer a custom chore coat option down the road...

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A gentle suggestion on where PC can also add some value.

I've been on the hunt for a great chore coat, and have tried Todd Snyder, Alex Mill, and most recently Mont. St. Michel, but am struggling to find ones any that fit my desired arm width. Would be really cool to see if PC could offer a custom chore coat option down the road...
What about arm width is not working for you from those brands?
Have you tried our stocked version here? https://propercloth.com/products/chore-jacket?color=fatigue

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Seph from your experience, is PC able to adapt a more classic fit? I know you have that option, but your classic fit is by default still somewhat slim/tapered. I can obviously try to make out the measurements within the size (per limits of the pattern), but do you have experience with any clients going this route? Thinking for an example 28.5" thighs, 10.75" knees, 8.5-8.75" hems, etc.

For the jacket, in a full canvas with some structure, I'd be looking for some drape and structure in the chest/shoulders/sleevehead. On remakes, can your team adjust things like sleeve pitch?

Intrigued by the new wider lapel option since the gorge is apparently a bit lower. Just trying to gauge if PC makes sense for a more full cut suit. Thoughts? Any examples of people wearing a fuller cut by PC?

We can certainty accommodate a classic fit. @dapperclassic has some good examples: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/proper-cloth-official-affiliate-thread.380371/post-11501239

We do not have an ability to adjust sleeve pitch currently.

The wider lapel is great.

cuponoodles

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads