• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JKKJ

Reaction score
Wonderful news about the button placement options.

Any update on the washed denim shirt?

AriG

Reaction score
Horizon stripes look sweet, I'll try one with the new button placement. Just what I needed right now.

novaeagle

Reaction score
Horizon stripes look great, I'm a fan of the blue and pink option.

The lightweight oxfords and chambrays are definitely up my alley, dealing with all this southern heat. Will probably put in an order today.

As an aside, I understand the why, but I wish the fit on the model shots wasn't so short.

ccallis

Reaction score

Any update on the washed denim shirt?

Should have arrived today! Possibly Monday if you live a ways from a big city.

Love the Albini chambrays. Any news and what we can expect in the coming months?

Hopefully the new ox chambrays will be ready to launch end August/early Sept--planning to add a couple more styles of the traditional, lighter chambray in a month's time, too.

As far as things for this summer--Plenty of awesome Canclini linens in plaids/checks coming in the next month, some 100% cotton plaids, and some business checks in more unique colors we custom developed with Grandi & Rubinelli.

Generally doing a lot more custom development with our mills to get just the right colors in just the right patterns in the qualities we like!

Chris

Last edited:

oldcomma

Reaction score
Hello

so i just got my shirt from you guys, excellent material and i love the soft roma cutaway!
sizing is off by quite a bit but the one i cant seem to alter on your website is the armhole one. the armholes on mine are atleast .5-.75 too big. i used the tailored option as well but they're still huge. consequently my biceps and arm width is also at least an inch too wide.
any suggestions on how to ask for narrower armholes on the website??

As far as cloth goes, beautiful fabric!

BigBadBernard

Reaction score
Just received my second PC delivery. Remain v.pleased, especially as I just copied the measurement of a bespoke shirt from a couple of years ago and plugged that into the website. Saving on bespoke, even after UK tax and shipping, is considerable and the quality is almost up there so altogether I am going to use again.

One question for the PC chaps; the thread used for the stitching on my Mercer Royal Oxfords (the material of which I love) is a bit shiny, almost as though it was designed for an evening shirt. Is this a deliberate thing, and is it something I could remove on future orders?

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always lurked here...never posted.

Ive watched PC grow over the years..from its beginning.

I live 60 mi N of the shop.

I visited last yr just to peek in....but couldnt hang...a very cool downtown spot.

I am over the top picky on clothing,,,Ive shopped hi end my whole life, and have more issues regarding what I like, how it fits etc etc than you can count..lol

Finally I took the PC plunge this past April. Took a drive south and picked/ordered up 2 shirts...Mercer PP in white, and a chambray..Hudson..?..I cant recall now.

Ive worn soft roll bd's for years( they suffice at work, and always look well placed on ones neck)...and secretly wished PC would make one...bam, they answered my prayers.

My first/test fit was 95 % on.......my 2 nd altered fit is about perfect..I may tweak it a bit...I may use 2 fits, one for play and one for work.

Went w/ soft roll bd, a longer shirt, no pocket, and a hip 2 button barrel unfused cuff.....it turned out classic, hip, timeless...these shirts are worth every penny .

PC...pls consider different color threads...for my chambrays!.......and let one remove/omit the gauntlet button/hole please.

And can you consider a wider front placket?

I see some1 involved has good car taste.....the pics of the early 911 , and the cobra ( its a kit I know, but still) are great choices....let me know if u need more vintage iron!!!!

Last edited:

novaeagle

Reaction score
Hello

so i just got my shirt from you guys, excellent material and i love the soft roma cutaway!
sizing is off by quite a bit but the one i cant seem to alter on your website is the armhole one. the armholes on mine are atleast .5-.75 too big. i used the tailored option as well but they're still huge. consequently my biceps and arm width is also at least an inch too wide.

Lower the size of the chest, then the armhole, then raise the size of the chest. You have to play with the settings a smidge sometimes to allow certain ones to move.

ccallis

Reaction score

Hello

That's mostly going to be based on the upper arm width, with shoulder slope playing a more minor roll. I'd suggest sending a photo to [email protected] of you wearing the shirt with an explanation of how slim you'd like to go. We can help get you dialed in quickly and precisely that way.

Always lurked here...never posted.

PC...pls consider different color threads...for my chambrays!.......and let one remove/omit  the gauntlet button/hole please.

And can you consider a wider front placket?

Great suggestions! Unfortunately, I don't expect any of these to be added soon, but I always love getting feedback like this. Will keep in mind.

ccallis

Reaction score
@oldcomma Hey--sorry if I was unclear. It's just a standard email to [email protected] that you would send, not something done through our website. If you PM me your order # I will check if you still have time.

Chris

novaeagle

Reaction score
@ccallis when will the albini white oxford chambray be back in stock? I had planned on picking it up today but no dice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads